Sponsored by:

Two new fault codes

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2024, 03:51 PM
jAndrewH
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Two new fault codes

After I changed the oil for the first time on my new to me 08 S I hooked up the Durametric to reset the service now reminder (which worked fine) and did a short test just for the fun of it. It has been running fine with no warning at all.

Surprised it came up with 2 codes:

1200 Gateway on the PCM and the A/C. A/C has worked fine in the summer, no issues at all. The PCM was exchanged for an aftermarket unit some months ago. Could the new head unit cause the gateway code?

Second was a 0304 misfire. I do not notice any issues with the engine, seems to run fine. Surprised that did not trigger a warning in the gauge cluster. Time for new plugs and coils I suppose?

Thoughts about the coses?
Old 02-13-2024, 07:05 PM
Capt. Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 1,427 Likes on 783 Posts

Reset the codes and see if they come back. If they don't, you can probably disregard them.

The radio code is pretty common if you have an aftermarket head unit, nothing you can do about it.
Old 02-14-2024, 08:55 AM
hatchetf15
Rennlist Member

Received 959 Likes on 598 Posts

OP - The misfire code could be a one-off. If a code like that 304 comes up again, Duramtric will probably say something like, “not causing a DTC”. Also note if/when a code shows the hour or cycle it appeared and compare against your current number to get an idea of how long since the p-code popped.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:14 AM
jAndrewH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hatchetf15
OP - The misfire code could be a one-off. If a code like that 304 comes up again, Duramtric will probably say something like, “not causing a DTC”. Also note if/when a code shows the hour or cycle it appeared and compare against your current number to get an idea of how long since the p-code popped.
Thanks, that is very helpful and makes sense, will have a look again.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:15 AM
jAndrewH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Capt. Obvious
Reset the codes and see if they come back. If they don't, you can probably disregard them.

The radio code is pretty common if you have an aftermarket head unit, nothing you can do about it.
Will do this, thanks.

Quick Reply: Two new fault codes