955 Turbo - Servicing of Air Suspension insights

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 05:58 AM
MattSchaal
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 955 Turbo - Servicing of Air Suspension insights

Hey,

I have a yellow warning for air suspension faulty and an error code that allegedly one of the height sensors has an electrical fault. However the air suspension works almost flawlessly other than an occasional re-pump. I went ahead and purchased a compressor servicing kit and valves for the struts, just to eliminate a lazy compressor and valves. There are some guides on how to do it DIY, but there are a few reports of the air suspension having issues after some repairs and needing to be primed with another compressor or just not working.

Question:
Does anyone have an exact order and dos and don’ts for disassembling the compressor? I.e. do you fully lift the car off the ground and lock the air suspension before disconnecting compressor? Do you ‘empty’ the system before you unscrew? What needs to be taken care of when doing all this that it works once you let it down again?

hopefully someone can give insights as all the YouTube videos ignore this part and show straight how to take the thing out but not before or after procedures.

thanks!