How to remove headliner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 06:08 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove headliner?

Yes, I know, just one day old but I just noticed two very small dings (very, very small, but still there) on the roof.

The Paintless Dent Removal guy is scheduled to look at it this Wednesday when I bring the Cayenne in for some leather protectant, but I don't want them to do any work removing the dings if removing the headliner for access to the backside of the dings (passenger side near the moonroof and passenger door) will cause issues latter on (the headliner makes nose or does not fit correctly, etc.).

So, how hard is it to remove the headliner to access this area so the dent removal guy can do his thing? Do you all think I should have this fixed or just leave them be since they are pretty darn small (but if you know exactly where to look, you can see them...)

Help

John
Old 05-26-2004, 07:30 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

The steps for properly removing and replacing the headliner are defined in factory service manual. The dealership would be able to provide this information to the technician.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:14 PM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

If its on the roof, I would say leave it. Nobody is going to notice a small dent on ur roof. Plus when you start driving your car your eventually going to have small swirls, scratches on ur car and rims. So my suggestion is dont worry about it!
Old 05-26-2004, 10:45 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

That's what I am starting to think. I am afraid that once the headliner is removed, it may never go back in the same way...

Quick Reply: How to remove headliner?