Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Titanium Metallic with Brown Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 11:03 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 819 Likes on 265 Posts
Default Titanium Metallic with Brown Interior?

Ok guys, need your opinions...

I found a slightly used Titanium Metalic with a Full Leather Brown(Forgot the color name) interior. I really like the full leather, but the Brown was kind of bright for me. All my cars have either been a black or gray interior. I can probably get it for a decent price, what do you think?

So thoughts? Opinions? Brown Full Leather???
Old 05-23-2004, 12:12 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

I think brown leather interior looks very classy and I will try that color in my next car. I say go for it!
Old 05-23-2004, 02:10 AM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think it would look nice with silver exterior
Old 05-23-2004, 02:35 AM
LegoDoom
Instructor

I only like black or gray interior, but titanium with brown would look nice. I wouldn't choose it, but I've seen seal gray with brown full leather on a 996 and it looked real good.
Old 05-23-2004, 06:02 AM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Hmmmm, it's actually Titanium Metalic (Seal Gray) and Havanna/Sand Beige Smooth Leather.

In person it's not that bad, but still unsure...any more thoughts/opinions?

Looks like this...
http://www.whiteson.org/boxster/gall...50617566.shtml
Old 05-23-2004, 04:34 PM
jarama beige
AutoX

Me thinks not. Havanna Sand/Beige (two-tone!) is simply beautiful, in and of itself, especially when the dash and doors also have full smooth leather. This interior is not too bright, IMO. However, with a Titanium Metallic exterior, your initial suggestions of black or stone grey would provide a better interior. Indeed, the Stone Grey/Steel Grey is likewise, two-tone. Furthermore, black floormats would make this entire color combination just marvelous. BTW, how many miles on your Cayenne and how much depreciation? What is the asking price and what was the original MSRP? Thanks. Good Luck!
Old 05-23-2004, 05:11 PM
LegoDoom
Instructor

I think it would look better with a slightly deeper/darker brown, but it is a nice combo that you probably won't see too much of. If you liked it, I say go for it. Especially if you can get it for a good price since the full leather is pricey.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:38 AM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

MSRP is about 70K, I'm thinking of asking for about 13k off. I don't know if they'll go for that. I'm still unsure of the color. Doesn't look that bad and I'm sure I can get used to it. I do like the list of options...

about 4500 miles on the car.

Titanium Metallic
Havanna/Sand Beige Smooth Lthr

1D6 - Trailer Hitch w/o Hitch Ball
7A2 - 6 Disc CD Changer
6A5 - Fire Extinguisher
5TF - High Gloss Light Wood Package
342W - Front Seat Heater
3FE - Moonroof
1NP - Wheel Hub Covers Colored Crest
QR1 - Compass Display
C02 - U.S. Standard/Emissions
PG1 - Driver Memory Incl. Mirrors
PF1 - Porsche Communication Mgt. II
PC3 - Bi-Xenon Headlights w/ Washers
N7D - Soft Look Leather Seats
J2C - Second Battery
CJ3 - 19" Cayenne Design Wheel
PH2 - High Gloss Wood Steering Wheel
Old 05-24-2004, 04:48 PM
Jessa
Addict
Rennlist Member

The grey and brown are both nice colors by themselves, but I don't think they work very well together. That's probaby why its at a decent price, and I'll bet it won't help resale later on. Its just an odd combination.

I'm also more of a grey/black person for interiors, and would seriously think twice before buying any shade of beige or brown. There's nothing wrong with the color - its a very nice shade of tan. But, do YOU like it? You're going to shell out big bucks to own it, and be stuck with it for a while. If you're going to get in that truck and keep thinking "I'll get used to it", this isn't the one for you. If you honestly don't care that much, then go for it.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:10 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Itzkirb
[B]MSRP is about 70K, I'm thinking of asking for about 13k off. I don't know if they'll go for that. I'm still unsure of the color. Doesn't look that bad and I'm sure I can get used to it. I do like the list of options...

about 4500 miles on the car.

Titanium Metallic
Havanna/Sand Beige Smooth Lthr
QUOTE]

I would pass because no air suspension. that would be the biggest reason the price is low. the steel springs are designed for towing 7000lb. They are harsh on local streets especially with 19" wheels.

I would recommend you think of the "core" truck first, then decide on seat color etc.

I originally wanted titanium but couldn't get it w air. I got silver w 19's and told the dealer to take 'em off and give me 18 w M&S, and keep the change.

The end result is I'm happier w the silver (looks cleaner longer). In the used car market people aren't as particular about color as new car buyers are. I don't think any P car colors are wierd enough (now) to affect resale prices. Of course if they come out with speed yellow it's a new ballgame.

Kirby we met on the trip (Bay Area owners) south of Monterey last year. I was the old guy from san mateo who took a bike down. It looks like you moved from SM to the east bay. How do you like it?
Old 05-25-2004, 12:06 AM
1988carrera
Instructor

Agree with Jessa's comment on color combo - you need to live with it every day , so DO not compromise on the combo you want!

Check the build date and make sure it is not a very early build with any kind of a problem -carden shaft etc., It might be difficult since they do not have to disclose but avoid "buy back" vehicle. Good luck on your search.

Quick Reply: Titanium Metallic with Brown Interior?