Sponsored by:

Coding Bose for MEGA Bass

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 08:31 AM
mu92688
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coding Bose for MEGA Bass

I owned an Audi TT in the past and it was possible to code the Bose sound system to gain extra boost from the bass by changing certain code of the radio module with the VWtool, which striked a chord that it may be possible to do the same with the Cayenne Bose system, I have not tried it since my car has not arrived yet

Here is the procedure of how this was done on the Audi TT:

You can change this setting by recoding the radio module with VWTOOL. The standard coding for a TT w/bose and secondary display is 00517. If a cd changer is not connected, etc. this value may vary in the first decimal place. We are only concerned with the value at the second decimal place (in the example above it is 1 for Bose tone slope). If you change the 1 to a 0 (zero), you will enable the other Vehicle-specific tone control (Not Bose system).

Once this is done you will notice the "Bose" missing from the display on powerup. The Bass/Treble range is now +-6 but the adjustment is more dramatic.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:36 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The VAG Com is not available for a Porsche, the Porsche equivelant is PST2, which, the last I heard was about $10K +.

I think we are out of luck unless Lewis knows different ?
Old 05-22-2004, 09:12 AM
mu92688
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mudman2,

maybe somebody with an access of the PST2 tool might attempt to give it a try.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:09 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

One of our members designed the Bose installation, he should be able to tell us if adjustment is possible.
Old 05-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 269 Posts

I think I know a few people with a PST2 tool. Does anyone know the codes?
Old 05-22-2004, 08:26 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 944 Likes on 575 Posts

I have the VAG-COM software in a laptop I use on my VW-Audi products. Would think there is a market for this with Porsche- wish the Ross Tech guys would do it. It works on the Toureg as I played around with a demo vehicle from the dealer here ( they probably wonder why it doesn't have DRL's anymore!) and wish I could play with the P cars too...
Old 05-24-2004, 01:24 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Michael,
As the sound system is tuned to the vehicle type (taking literally weeks and comprising thousands of measurements, followed by listening tests and ultimately approved by the car manufacturer...Porsche in this case):

Yes, it is technically possible to adjust any parameter of the amplifier (freq response, time delay, surround equalization....just about anything you could possibly imagine.

Yes, it would be accomplished (in vehicle) via a S/W download via the PST2

No, it would not be allowed (offically anyways), as again, the tunings and adjustments are specified/approved (ultimately) by Porsche.

Now, if you wanted to take the headunit approach, then perhaps you could convince the headunit (Becker) to send the 'Loudness' command (the one that tends to disappear in various S/W revisions) to the amp via MOST.

Quick Reply: Coding Bose for MEGA Bass