Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine mounts without drooping the motor on CTT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2023, 08:55 PM
tassieporsche
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Engine mounts without drooping the motor on CTT?

I'm just wondering if there are any tricks one can use to replace the engine mounts on a 955 Cayenne Turbo without removing the engine from the car? Mine are gone and are causing some very frustrating vibrations to come through the car especially when stopped at traffic lights, etc. I just spent an entire weekend replacing the plastic coolant T's so it would suck to drop the motor for mounts which would mean all the time I spent on that job was pointless.

Not sure if it would be worth doing coils and plugs to try and reduce engine vibrations and see if that makes much difference? No misfire codes though. Coils are Borgwarner but I've heard only Beru ones are suitable for these engines?

Old 05-02-2023, 11:10 PM
theprf
Race Car

Received 1,780 Likes on 1,134 Posts

It has been done.
Not by me though. I was not able to change engine mounts with the engine out of the car. In my case would have required removing both turbos because the upper mount bolt was seized up.
The following users liked this post:
tassieporsche (05-06-2023)
Old 05-06-2023, 05:43 AM
tassieporsche
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by theprf
It has been done.
Not by me though. I was not able to change engine mounts with the engine out of the car. In my case would have required removing both turbos because the upper mount bolt was seized up.
Wow, not even able to change them with the engine removed?!

Any idea how one would go about changing them without removing the engine? Just trying to think what would be the easiest way to do it but perhaps the answer to that is just drop the motor.

Quick Reply: Engine mounts without drooping the motor on CTT?