Tapping Into Fuse Panel

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 08:50 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts
Exclamation Tapping Into Fuse Panel

There are several ways to tap power from the fuse blocks, for additional accessories.

One is to attach a male 0.250 Faston tab onto a wire and poke it into an unused, powered fuse contact. This has been shown in several topics in this forum. With this technique, exposed wires are seen, once the fuse cover has been removed.

The other technique is to purchase the fuse contact from Porsche. With this technique an unused fuse location is still selected, but this fuse contact is attached to the wire. This wire assembly is then inserted into the BACK of the fuse panel, with the rest of the wires. A fuse is inserted, to apply power to this new wire / fuse contact assembly.

The attached image shows the 999 650 356 12 fuse contact, available from Porsche. The image shows the wire is retained by a dual crimp, one on the conductor, one retaining the insulation.
Attached Images  
Old 05-11-2004, 11:53 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 948 Likes on 577 Posts

That seems like a cleaner solution- I'll be needing to hardwire the Valentine into an unused switched outlet. Will need to see which are available on mine when it comes. I assume this goes into an unused slot which doesn't have a socket from the factory. If so, where does the switched hot wire and ground come from to put in this new socket?

Quick Reply: Tapping Into Fuse Panel