Sponsored by:

Leak exposing through headliner - Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2022, 02:31 PM
TheScotch
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leak exposing through headliner - Help

Newbie here. I've had my 09 957 S for about three weeks now - it spent 10 days back at the dealer's shop for cosmetic fixes. Today was the first time I drove it out in significant rainfall. I have it garaged and we've been getting snow, but none on the 957, so this is the first real exposure I've had to driving in the rain and getting it wet.

Attaching some pictures from when I noticed the leak this morning after being in the rain for ~25 minutes (second picture) and then notice the first picture which is taken about 20 minutes later. About 45 minutes total out in the rain.

Doesn't look like the sunroof is leaking at all, anyone know what the source of this can be? Also, should I be driving this out in the rain, or keep it parked? Any other areas of the 957 I should look at for water? Thanks in advance.

Old 12-25-2022, 09:37 AM
turbo23dog
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had same issue and after searching here, I found that it was clogged sunroof drains.

Search this forum using the term sunroof drains. You’ll get lots of tips on where the drains are located and how to clear them.

Quick Reply: Leak exposing through headliner - Help