Sponsored by:

Need help identifying a part after removing manifold

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2022, 01:28 PM
indyjoe
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help identifying a part after removing manifold

I removed my manifold,to replace the T fittings, however, I noticed this connection that I don't see any tubes/hoses/lines from the manifold or engine that connects to it. Does anyone know if something is supposed to connect to this? I attached a pic of the connector and of a pic of the back of the engine, which I think is the correct hose that connects to it.

Here is the connector

This is the hose that I think connects to it, but not sure and I don't see this hose anywhere on the manifold or engine.

Thank you!
Old 12-08-2022, 02:08 PM
theprf
Race Car

Received 1,847 Likes on 1,177 Posts

Yes there is supposed to be a hose there. It connects to the corrugated hose that links the two valve covers, next to the fitting on the passenger's side valve cover.
It's part# 948-107-215-52.
The hose includes the plastic "T" fitting behind the engine, which is darn near impossible to remove. I bought a metal T fitting:
https://belmetric.com/rubber-hose-re...VC9-10%2F7-8TM
which is not quite the correct size but close enough that it can be clamped onto the two horizontal hoses with worm clamps.
The I used a piece of fuel line like the picture of the removed engine you posted to attach the line leading to the valve covers.
Old 12-08-2022, 04:20 PM
indyjoe
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much. You're an incredible help!!!

Quick Reply: Need help identifying a part after removing manifold