Sponsored by:

PDCC bleeder locations

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 11:54 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 201 Posts
Default PDCC bleeder locations

09 GTS, I know that the hydraulic sway’s have bleeders, but do the distribution blocks also have them?

How many are in the system total, that should be bleed?

New code P15629, RA valve block.

A search yielded only one thread, that didn’t provide definitive information.

Rolling 97k miles, no record of PDCC reservoir being changed, but no other codes. Likely change reservoir, and bleed the system.

thanks
Old 10-13-2022, 03:56 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 117 Posts

FWIW I just went through the reservoir replace and opted for a full flush rather than just the reservoir. That looked like this, for me.

- Use baster to drain current/old reservoir.
- put in new one, only connect pickup. Leave the yellow plug in return and hose clamp for safety.
- I opted to go buy a male to male nipple and some heater hose to hook up the nipple and hose to the return line, drain to bucket. (Just bring the new res with you to the store to get the equivalent hose and nipple. ). Alternatively put the hose from the car directly into a plastic water bottle or suitable container.
- fill with new fluid. Start and immediately kill engine. Should pump about 1/2 of the fluid in the reservoir through. Refill, repeat until new fluid coming out return line.
- drain off new fluid from res so you can reconnect the return hose properly with minimal spilling.
- refill.

lots of rags and super careful with nasty paint eating caustic fluid. Yes, gloves and eye protection. Read the cautions, heed them, at your own risk etc.

Block replacement basically disconnect block lines, drain, replace, then replace reservoir (and filter), then refill and…

…here are the alldata instructions for after replacing that block. Calls for PIWIS. I’m unclear if that is actually needed?

… and here are the instructions for bleeding, roughly similar to what I say above, but I included a procedure for flushing all current fluid rather than just topping off.

Last edited by Crozzer; 10-13-2022 at 04:02 PM.

Quick Reply: PDCC bleeder locations