Sponsored by:

Cyenne S (04) memory seat/key fob

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 11:27 PM
Max (SD)
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cyenne S (04) memory seat/key fob

After nearly 20K miles on our Cayenne, wife drives car majority of the time, I am still annoyed that I can not program both key fobs. I was told by Porsche tech, that Porsche has not upgraded the software.

So even though we have two key fobs, if my wife programs hers in and then I progrm mine in the settings such as door opening after one depression of key fob, and other customized options get reset to original factory settings.

Is this BS that the tech is giving me, are all Cayennes having this problem.

I simply use my wifes key fob and when I open the door I place the key in ignition and press my seat memory. Since I am 6'3" and she is 5'2" I have to wait everytime for the seat to move back before I climb in. And worst of all, when I turn off the ignition the seat starts moving up, so I must either quickly exist or hit the seat adjustment button to stop the seat from pushing me into the dash.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:50 PM
NYC Cayenne
Instructor

The funny thing is that my seat won't even program at all, I thought I didn't know how but I followed the freking instructions 100 times and it still wouldn't do it. lol.

Good luck, if you get it to work let me know how you did it....

John.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:03 PM
imegary
4th Gear

I had exact same problem and it was fixed by changing a module behind rear passenger seat in the side panel. I have looked at the work order and the part# was not listed, however ask your service tech.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Brent 89-GT
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It isn't all of them, mine works fine. The only issue is that, I picked up the car from the dealer and had my settings programmed to #1, she thinks its her car The keys work fine and the seat and mirrors move accordingly. I do not have the whole comfort package though. I only ordered the "drivers memory" package.

Quick Reply: Cyenne S (04) memory seat/key fob