Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MOST bus AUX-in Solution Found for iPods (sort of)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 01:44 AM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MOST bus AUX-in Solution Found for iPods (sort of)

if you look at this company:

http://densionusa.com/merchant/merchant.mvc?
Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DU&Product_Code=F_Porsche_Fiber&Category_Code=IA_ Porsche

you can look around their site, see that they have systems for other cars, and are 'considering' development of a version of this icelink device that is compatible with the fiber optic bus of the porsche cdr-23 / 03 models.

whether or not they are actually capable of doing this from an engineering capability perspective is irrelevant and moot right now, just hope some people who are interested can add themselves to this (admittedly rather hopeless looking) 'wait list'.

go ahead, mabye one day they will make it? a shot in the dark i know, but right now thats all us 03'ers have. -

oh right, no affiliation with the company.

-Tom
Old 04-21-2004, 09:15 AM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

A device to get analog audio input onto MOST exists and is available. The difficulty exists with the PCM2, in that it does not permit selecting and using this input.

The only untested possibility is to use that device on a vehicle without the disc changer, as Lewis (ltc), has indicated that an unknown device will be recognized as the disc changer.

All that information is detailed in the 4/12/04 posts in this topic: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...0&pagenumber=2
Old 04-22-2004, 02:16 PM
gig
Advanced

A device to get analog audio input onto MOST exists and is available
wingless, what is this? the direct line RF modulator, or something else?
Old 04-22-2004, 02:42 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by gig
wingless, what is this? the direct line RF modulator, or something else?
In my 4/12/04 post, there is a link to a hardware device, that interfaces to MOST, has both stereo analog RCA jacks and a monophonic microphone jack, as well as headphone outputs and line level outputs.

As Levis (ltc) stated, the PCM2 may recognize this on a vehicle without a disc changer. Otherwise, the PCM2 is not configured to accept aftermarket devices.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:56 PM
gig
Advanced

Sorry to be a pain wingless, I can't find this, do you have a link?
Old 04-26-2004, 05:44 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by wingless
All that information is detailed in the 4/12/04 posts in this topic: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...0&pagenumber=2
Originally posted by gig
Sorry to be a pain wingless, I can't find this, do you have a link?
Here is the text from my 4/12/04 post.
Originally posted by wingless
Here are two MOST devices, both available to purchase, one to get analog audio onto the MOST ring and one to get DVD audio / video onto MOST. The first device has both line level and microphone level auxiliary inputs.

OASIS SiliconSystems MOST WAVE

OASIS SiliconSystems MOST DVD Player
Old 04-26-2004, 06:44 PM
gig
Advanced

I don't have PCM, so this would work for me? or am I just better off going with a hardwire FM modulator?
Old 04-26-2004, 08:02 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

An FM modulator will get audio into the CDR23.

As previously stated, the MOST system should recognize an unknown device as the disc changer, provided that the disc changer is not present and send the audio through. But, the OASIS MOST WAVE has not been tested, so it is not yet known if it would work.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:54 AM
gig
Advanced

Anyone know a good place in the Chicago area for installing a FM modulator? I know it is a fairly simple install, but I don't feel that comfortable trying to pull out the head unit from a 65K+ vehicle

I called Autosonics in Highland Park (IL), asked the guy about installing a FM modulator in a Cayenne S (for an iPod) and it was like I was speaking greek, then he said something about the Cayenne having a powered antenna and it might be an issue. At that point I was like *whatever* and cut the conversation short, as he didn't seem too interested...wierd.

I know mudman did this to his, I was surprised about the lukewarm response from the installer. I am thinking about checking with Abt electronics, as they were recmmmended by a bodyshop in lake bluff (ulitmate paint) that specializes in Porsche and Audi's etc.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:04 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I wished you had said last week, I was up there and would have done it for you in about 2hrs.

Its really not hard to do, you only need (apart from regular tools) a dentists pic to pull off the U shaped trim around the PCM, then a #20 Torx for the screws that hold it in, it easily slides out.

You need to get the Euro antenna adapter set from Circuit City as the are smaller than an FM Modulators Antenna connections.

Once you've inserted these cables in the PCM all thats left is running the cables to the fuse box.

Better still, why dont you email me and I will give you my phone number, have them call me.

p.s. Have you seen the Titanium S travelling Devon, around the Cicero area about 6.15 on his commute ?
Old 04-28-2004, 11:02 AM
gig
Advanced

Thanks mudman, once I've decided what I'm gonna do, I will email you to get your number (if necessary, to call autosonics right?).

No, I haven't seen that Titanium S yet, I usually get off the edens at Dempster, but I see quite a few up north where I work (Bannockburn/Lincolnshire/Highland Park).

I thought you lived in PA? were you here on business?

Thanks for all the info, very helpful!
Old 04-28-2004, 11:05 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes I have customer near there and was up for a couple of meetings.

I will talk to them no problem.

Quick Reply: MOST bus AUX-in Solution Found for iPods (sort of)