Sponsored by:

Will it happen ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 01:37 PM
CWiz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Will it happen ??

Well.. my main problem between the A6 and the Cayenne is this.. Is there going to be a new Cayenne in the next 2/3 years ? or just new options and some restyling like painted valances or something like that ? I really need to know it, to make my decison.. May is coming and I have to order my new car .. another thing, does anyone here know how much time should I expect to a V6 to arrive in Portugal if it has to come from factory ? should I expect more than 6 months ?

Thanks
Old 04-20-2004, 02:07 PM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

I doubt that there is going to be a major face lift for the cayenne in the next 2/3 yrs....... Probably just some new options like the the new porsche aero kit thats going to be available I believe in the 05 model. When I ordered my car this past summer. It took around 3 months to build and to ship to the usa.... However I waited another 3 months before that because a lot of the option i wanted were on back order.

Goodluck
Old 04-20-2004, 04:55 PM
johnhct
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

While there are never any guarantees, I think it is unlikely Porsche will make any major body changes to the Cayenne in the next few years.

Major changes are extremely expensive and must be amortized over as many vehicles as possible. We are fortunate that Porsche is the smallest independent car maker in the world. They don't sell enough cars to make frequent radical changes.

To give you an idea of how small Porsche is, last year they sold 55,000 vehicles. The second largest independently owned car maker (BMW) sold over 1,000,000 vehicles.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:59 PM
CWiz
Instructor

That´s great .. jamy85, if your Cayenne took 3 months to the US, during the car´s first year, now, to Europe, it shouldn´t take more than 1/2 months, should it ? thanks
Old 04-20-2004, 05:45 PM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by CWiz
That´s great .. jamy85, if your Cayenne took 3 months to the US, during the car´s first year, now, to Europe, it shouldn´t take more than 1/2 months, should it ? thanks

lol.. ofcourse its going to take more than 30 days. It will probably take 3 months at least, and remember shipping is not a big deal because the max time it takes from germany to usa is 1 week. There are many others factors too to consider for example, the demand for the car, say in ur case portugal, the higher the demand in your country the more time it will take because porsche gives each country a max amount of cars to sell each year. I dont know the exact details but im pretty sure im correct.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:48 PM
rbaron
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

>>the max time it takes from germany to usa is 1 week<<

What do you base that on?

Would that include from Germany to California?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:44 PM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by rbaron
>>the max time it takes from germany to usa is 1 week<<

What do you base that on?

Would that include from Germany to California?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Im basing it on when I ordered my car this past oct. My car took exactly 1 week for it to be shipped from Germany to Boston. Plus a couple of days in the port and a day or so from the port to the dealer. I assume it would take from Germany to California max a week and a half.

Goodluck
Old 04-21-2004, 01:03 PM
CWiz
Instructor

there are rumors of the new 3.6 FSI Touareg.. is it confirmed ? if you guys were in my position would you still buy the V6 ? thanks
Old 04-21-2004, 01:36 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by jamy85
Im basing it on when I ordered my car this past oct. My car took exactly 1 week for it to be shipped from Germany to Boston. Plus a couple of days in the port and a day or so from the port to the dealer. I assume it would take from Germany to California max a week and a half.

Goodluck
Check out the thread titled "Vw / Porsche Splat". Some good info over there...
Old 04-21-2004, 06:09 PM
fireo
Track Day

Jamy85 your absolutely correct, demand here in kuwait and other gulf countries like the UAE,Saudi Arabia,Kuwait and oman are outstripping supply. the local dealer here in kuwait has sold the entire 2004 allotment of Cayenne V6,S,Turbo like 2 months ago, he is now sold out on June.July Production (2005 Cayennes) that should arrive August,September. Country/Area Allotments do play a factor
Old 05-06-2004, 03:27 PM
ngfan
Instructor

I don't know if somebody has mentioned it already but all Cayenne types will come with painted valances as standard feature in MY 2005 (June 2004). All types will see a price increase of 1.9 % in the German market though...
Old 05-06-2004, 04:13 PM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

CWiz,

If you're deciding between a new A6 and the Cayenne S, that would be a hard choice. I just went and looked at the new A6, it's nice. The Cayenne S in my opinion just...well, isn't the Turbo. However, my wife just bought a Turbo because she didn't want to wait 2-3 years for the new S6...now that would be a car. You'll decide what you want of course, but make sure you go drive both cars before deciding. I don't see how you could go wrong though.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:01 PM
eyeglaskid
Advanced

Cwiz,

MAY IS HERE!!!

Lol, just kidding.. Please you know you want a Porsche Simply becasue it sounds better to a hot chick then lets say..... Audi.. Please man, you have good taste obviously, just based on the options you want and the color combinations I have seen you post on other threads.
Its too late for you man, you have already been excepted into the family, and once you get in, threres no getting out.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:46 PM
Difference Engine
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by jamy85

Goodluck
When we order cars, and check the shipping shcedule with PCNA, it's always a minimum of three weeks from Germany to the US ports. That's the time from "On Vessel" status to "Arrived At Port" status.

For example, I'm waiting for two sold units, A Cayenne S and a Carrera 4S. The On Vessel Date was April 22. The Expected arrival at port is May 12. That's 20 days, or roughly 3 weeks.

East coast port cars can take a week, but the average seems to be two weeks.

Old 05-06-2004, 09:39 PM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by eyeglaskid

Its too late for you man, you have already been excepted into the family, and once you get in, threres no getting out.

Quick Reply: Will it happen ??