Sponsored by:

Reduction not engaging

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 05:22 PM
alexanderm2019
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Reduction not engaging

Hey all, i got a 2008 cayenne turbo, bought it on Jan 2021, and all worked, suddenly the reduction or diff-lock didn't lighted up when i tried to push it up or down, weird thing.
i scanned it and got a 2040 code, which translates to Voltage supply to transfer box servo motor.
read the data, and found out the only thing that was off was the Voltage supply to brake for servo motor (A) was on 0.00V.
later decided to check the servomotor and it looked brand new, checked the connections and everything on it and it was in good shape.
had a friend under the car measuring voltage and whatnot while I engaged the Reduction and pulled the little lever, and he said it did had voltage and it sounded like it was working.
my Transfer Case has no issues, no slipping, no sounds, no nothing, and it has 4WD (fell on a bit of mud once and the car moved the 4 wheels).
thinking it could be a problem with the Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM) but don't know how to get to it, as the Passenger seat is much more harder to lift than the Driver Seat.
Thanks for reading, hope you all can give me an answer!
The following users liked this post:
turbo23dog (09-14-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 07:16 PM
thesteve
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Sounds like you know to be Neutral with foot on the brake to engage it... Actually I forget if that's true. Something similar.
Anyway, the control box can be accessed by adjusting the seat all the way forward and up a bit and reaching from the rear.
I had a hard time finding the exact instructions on removing it, but if you just want to swap another in its place temporarily, you can access it without tools from the rear.
You should be able to hear things click from inside the car when they are working.
The following users liked this post:
alexanderm2019 (09-10-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 07:29 PM
alexanderm2019
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes indeed, neutral and foot on brake, but still it doesn't engages, neither my "SPORT" button beside it.
will look into it, thanks. these connectors are a PITA to undo, gonna look if its doable, thanks
Old 09-10-2021, 07:47 PM
thesteve
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Another oddball possibility that happened to me is... it's easy to get mixed up with the mirror image fuse compartments on the left and right side of the Cayenne near the door hinge/ dash area.
When my radio stopped working a while back, I started checking fuses and thought the previous owner had wrong fuses in wrong locations. Until I realized I was looking at the wrong fuse chart.
In all the excitement, I lost track of which fuses I had moved where and long story short I removed a fuse that powers the steering angle sensor.
Took a lot of head scratching to fix my goof. Didn't help that my owner's manual had a misleading type-o.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: Reduction not engaging