Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible upgrades to Xenon on the Cayenne?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 02:58 PM
thugn4reel
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible upgrades to Xenon on the Cayenne?

Hello,

Well i have been in the market to lease a porsche cayenne S for almost a month now. I simply cannot find a car built exactly the way i want! I have been looking for a Lapis Blue metallic cayenne S with Havana Sand Beige interior. I wanted my cayenne basically as fully loaded as possible with Navigation, Bi-Xenons and Air suspensions as must haves. I have called all the dealers in the Los Angeles are, and no one seems to have the car im looking for. Well few days ago the Beverly Hills dealer found a cayenne similar to the one I want. With almost all options, however it was missing the Bi-Xenons! I was hearthbroken when i first saw it and wasnt really interested in buying it. However after thinking about it, i was wondering if it would be possible at all to upgrade to the Bi Xenons or atleast bright nice xenons from the regulars lights? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, as the dealer said that they would not be able to do the task.

Also the car had 18 inch Cayenne rims, which i think are really ugly I want to upgrade them, but would you guys recommend for me to upgrade them to the cayenne 19 or 20 inch rims from the dealer or should i get it with the 18s and upgrade to nice aftermarket 20s like some techarts or HRE's latter on? What would you guys advice me to do?

Thank you,
Michael Ashikian
Old 04-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

Michael,
I cannot help with the xenon lights. I'm not sure about the the cost. My S came with the 18" turbo wheels. I also plan on upgrading. I will be going with some 20" aftermarket wheels. The Porsche wheels just aren't wide enough for my taste. I really like the TechArts in 20" and chrome. OZ also has a set that look real nice. Not quite as nice as the TechArts but look cool. The 9.5" or 10" wide wheels in my opinion look much better than the stock Porsche wheels. I live in AZ so I'm not concerned about snow.

My dealer had a S with 20" TechArts in chrome and a black-out package on a black vehicle. It looked awesome! I was the best looking Cayenne I have ever seen. I was sold on a titanium until I saw that. Now I have black and will be painting the aluminum on the outside.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Mav
Racer

Bi Xenons retrofitting is a very difficult. Someone on the forum is working on it. I think you should get one with it. Due to Bi Xenons use different control module, with different inputs (from steering wheel, air suspension hight sensior, and so on), and different wiring. So... You better get one with it.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

Michael,
I cannot help with the xenon lights. I'm not sure about the the cost. My S came with the 18" turbo wheels. I also plan on upgrading. I will be going with some 20" aftermarket wheels. The Porsche wheels just aren't wide enough for my taste. I really like the TechArts in 20" and chrome. OZ also has a set that look real nice. Not quite as nice as the TechArts but look cool. The 9.5" or 10" wide wheels in my opinion look much better than the stock Porsche wheels. I live in AZ so I'm not concerned about snow.

My dealer had a S with 20" TechArts in chrome and a black-out package on a black vehicle. It looked awesome! I was the best looking Cayenne I have ever seen. I was sold on a titanium until I saw that. Now I have black and will be painting the aluminum on the outside.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:19 PM
flynhawaiian
Intermediate

I would order one and do the euro delivery on it. Might be a fun experience, plus you get to go to europe to see your new baby born
Old 04-06-2004, 04:15 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

This topic, http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1189 by Toby Pennycuff, has information on the conversion to Xenon.

It may not make sense to do this on a lease. The entire conversion cost will be given to the dealership. with no value in return, at the end of the lease.

At least on a purchased vehicle, the Xenon upgrade will have some value which may be recouped when selling the vehicle.

On the wheels, if it is a lease, then have the dealer include the upgrade into the purchase price of the vehicle. If a lease, do not have the upgrade as an add-on item. An add on item does not have a value at the end of the lease, so the wheel upgrade would be fuully paid for, instead of having a residual value, like the vehicle.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:51 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the same problem and had to make a choice between Air and Lights. Air won and I am really glad that it did, I do not miss the lights, I just changed the bulbs to Hi White.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:53 PM
thugn4reel
Track Day

I have been looking around and i found something like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Would this look nice on the cayenne? would it be possible to install? they have all different bulb types... i was not really sure which one the cayenne uses. I had a freind to installed a HID kit on his 2002 Escalade, they looked gorgeous, much brighter than any xenons i had seen, and his were only 9000k.

As for the rims i have decided to buy them with the stock 18 inch rims and upgrade to some nice aftermarket either 20 or 22 inch rims.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:23 PM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Try www.powerbulbs.com or www.europeanautosport or www.piaa.com..... they have a variety of xenon lights... I ordered the xenon foglights to match the headlights
Old 04-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Craig
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Michael,

Can't help w/ the Zenons.

But, I had the opposite problem w/ my wheel set up: mine came w/ Porsche 20s. I do a lot of snow driving, so bought 18" wheels (Porsche Turbo) w/ Conti M+S and changed them out. My tire guy stored the 20s. I have used the 18s since January and will put the 20s on at the end of this month. My tire guy and will do the swap for me.

It seems to be the best of both worlds, and I'm looking forward to getting the 20s back on the car as it handles better w/ them.

Craig

Quick Reply: Possible upgrades to Xenon on the Cayenne?