Sponsored by:

I drove a Cayenne for few weeks

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 08:40 PM
nicoff
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I drove a Cayenne for few weeks

While my 996 was at the shop, I was given a 2004 Cayenne S as a loaner. I got to drive it for a few weeks. Put a few thousand miles and here are my impressions:

1. This SUV drives like a car! I was expecting a resemblance to driving a truck/SUV but did not find it (that is good!)

2. Loved the interior (tan leather)

3. Vehicle feels really solid! No body rolls.

4. Transmission is tight! Fast response! (Drove a tip)

5. Navigation system made me realize that I NEED this feature in my other cars; however, I would have liked a DVD-based system. (Once or twice--not always-- I had to take my music CD out to insert the nav CD).

6. Off-road capabilities were not tested, but once, the two rear wheels went into a mud ditch and the truck pulled itself out like a charm (I had to lock differentials but that is what real 4x4 are supposed to do anyway).

7. Experienced the problem of fogging of the headlights (moisture inside the lens).

8. If I turned off the vehicle with directional lights on, the left or right headlamp remained on (not sure if this was normal or some flaw). I know that german makes allow you to leave a light on (left or right) when parking the vehicle. OK once I found out what I needed to do.

9. I missed a third row of seats.

10. Great vehicle overall. Would buy one but I NEED a third row of seats.

PS #1
While driving got thumbs up from 2 people in 4 weeks. However, got lots of looks while on the road from people who were probably trying to figure out what that vehicle was.
PS #2
A couple of people commented that they knew that the vehicle was fast but were not sure about the looks of it.

Quick Reply: I drove a Cayenne for few weeks