Sponsored by:

Re: Cayenne Turbo on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 11:30 PM
TNGT3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cayenne Turbo on ebay

Visiting from the GT3 board and noticed this Cayenne Turbo on ebay for a buy it now price of $37,000? Am I missing something? I'm not really interested but that sounds low.....just FYI for you folks looking for one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eb...category=43923
Old 03-14-2004, 11:36 PM
Periokid
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 2 Posts

I just sent him a e-mail. I have a feeling it is not real. WHy isn't the VIN# listed?
Old 03-14-2004, 11:39 PM
TNGT3
Instructor

Same thoughts here. I am interested in hearing the reply on your email if you want to share it. It does sound too good to be true.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:52 PM
Periokid
Pro

Scam.

Here is the e-mail reply....

---------

Hello there,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my car.I know that are numerous offers on eBay and I'm glad that you choose to contact me regarding your willingness to purchase.

I have restricted the bidding because I have had some problems with bidders who offer me a price that is much greater than the retail price.They only want to conjure away the competition.You can check my auction record for proof.

First of all I must inform you that currently I'm in Athens,Greece and I have to let you know that the car is here with me .I am the first owner of the car.

You will receive your car in 6 working days by Lufthansa Airplane Cargo .It is insured in case of damage.I will send you the car with all the papers (warranty,insurance etc ...) .

The car is an US model with US specs ( the speedomeeter is in miles), comes with all the documents you need to register the car (manual still sealed, clear title in my hand, bill of sale signed by me) still under warranty.

I recently moved here and was going to register it here but changed my mind . I didn't paid for Greece import taxes and if I keep the car like that I was going to lose it and its better to ship it where it belongs, that means US. Time is really an issue and we have to move fast.

Final price is $ 37000 US (this price includes the shipping and insurance) and if you agree with this price we can start to complete the transaction.

Price is good cause if I pay taxes here and sell it here would get the same price if I sell it in US from here. The car will be shipped from Greece. You will not have to pay additional taxes cause the car is registered in US, just only the price for it.

Waiting for your email,

Joe
Old 03-14-2004, 11:55 PM
TNGT3
Instructor

Yikes! So when are you transferring funds?
Old 03-15-2004, 12:32 AM
KY_soldier
Racer

that stuff is out of control. I placed a bid on a plasma tv (a legit one for sale near me in Cinn) and next thing you know, I get inundated with unsolicited emails saying things like "I see you looking for a plasma tv and I am in UK and have one I can sell for low than retail" yada aday yada (<- that's my broken English pun). If they aren't in the US, it's tough to go after 'em.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:11 AM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

periodkid... If i was you i would play the game with him or just give me his email address, ill write him up an email when i have nothing to do like now hehe
Old 03-15-2004, 11:06 AM
Periokid
Pro

The auction has already been pulled from ebay. Not because of me, however.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:00 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

I exchanged emails with this same guy about the same Cayenne. I pretty much knew what he was up to. He wanted $3K up front etc. I played dumb for about three or four email exchanges. I repeatedly asked if we could use an escrow service of my choice. He of coarse danced around that idea, never answering my questions.

It seems as though he posts the ebay auction to lure a potential sucker, then removes the auction within a day or so. This may limit his exposure.

He stopped emailing me once I he figured out I was dead-set on using an escrow service of my choice..

You know that saying, 'if it sounds too good to be true........'
Old 03-15-2004, 03:50 PM
ozr
Racer

It's a scam.
You may submit his email to some junk/garbage/adults or similar site to kick his
f*** as** proactively.

Quick Reply: Re: Cayenne Turbo on ebay