Sponsored by:

955 Cayenne Turbo S - Underneath Headlight Trays

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 05:30 PM
Michael Lines
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 955 Cayenne Turbo S - Underneath Headlight Trays

I've been dealing with the infamous headlights not wanting to stay locked in place in my Turbo S and triggering all kinds of lighting errors. Both headlights had broken tabs on the bottom, so i ordered replacements.

I also noticed that my mounting trays were a little loose, which ultimately could be why they would never "lock" into place using the tool. The lock bar would just spin past, rather than grab, pop, and lock. I pulled out the passengers side tray to just take a look around and found that the front most M6 bolt that holds the tray in place wasn't biting down. It just spun when I tried to tighten it up. So I thought I would pull apart the drivers side tray and see if found any noticeable differences. Immediately, I noticed that the front most bolt on that side was longer. M6 x 50 x 20, rather than the M6 x 40 I found on the passenger side. So I brought that bolt over to the passengers side and BAM, it bit down and tightened right up. I have halogens and according to the parts manual, the shorter bolt is the correct one but it certainly isn't working as it should. Now onto my question.

Underneath the passengers side tray I noticed something that just didn't look right to me and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me whether I need to fix it before reassembling everything. You'll see three little plastic tabs in the back of photo. The one on the right is being bent out, rather than tucking up under the female piece behind it. Is this correct? Maybe an alignment tab of some sort that is supposed to do that?

?
Old 07-18-2020, 08:55 AM
alex532
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I looks like someone did not position the front apron in correctly when reinstalling. You would have to removed the front bumper and the bolts holding the front apron on to fix it, would probably take 5 hours. Essentially it appears the way it was installed that the assembly is now pushed too far forward because it did not engage correctly.

I would compare it to the other side and if it’s not too large of a difference then you can probably make up the difference by adjusting the headlight tray position without taking everything apart.

Quick Reply: 955 Cayenne Turbo S - Underneath Headlight Trays