Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Cayenne S with Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 04:57 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

I had the same condensation on my bixenons and miraculously gone away. Car has about 4300 miles(wifey's car-only time I drive it is when she's in the car-I wonder why : )?).Brake squeaked so pads were replaced and so far so good. Electronic gremlins don't bother me but mechanical stuff does and so far car is amazing from day one(knock on wood). That vibration stuff would bother me. Hope everything gets fixed up and all is good : ). Regards. Mike
Old 03-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Hypersonic
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:
CS Still in the shop, waiting for the rear propshaft from Porsche, should be in today.
They've updated the headlamps, replaced the rear liftgate switch.
They said they will balance and rotate the tires.
For now, they will replace the propshaft to see if it resolves the axle noise. I expect it will be another day or two prior to picking up the vehicle.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:42 PM
OVRSTR
Instructor

Hyper, take a thourough test drive when it's ready. If it's still not right do not accept the car. The thing should be perfect...it's a brand new vehicle (and an expensive one at that). My .02 cents. Mike
Old 03-19-2004, 08:12 PM
Hypersonic
Intermediate

Well, I picked up my CS for the weekend today. I've had it two days, the dealer eight days. It has to go back on Monday. The scuffs were not fixed. The propshaft replacment and tire balance moved the vibration from 60+ to 70+mph. The axle still moans at 53mph light throttle.

I haven't checked the foglamp bulb replacement or headlamp condensation yet, I would expect they are fixed.....will let you know.

I believe the dealership is trying to put an earnest effort into resolving my problems, I would just like them to be resolved in a timely manner. I absolutely loved the loaner car (another CS), and it did not have these issues.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

My new Cayenne S, the passenger rear door won't unlock. I went through the settings menu, it still doesn't work. All the other doors unlock though. Anyone else with this problem - hopefully should be an easy fix.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:43 AM
Hypersonic
Intermediate

Update:
My Cayenne S goes back in for additional work on Monday.
The HVAC system isn't working. (no cool air, no fan speed, but occassionally kicks on with key on, engine not running).
The headlamp washer jets aren't working either. The dealer recently had the bumper cover off to fix some delivery scratches, I expect they were just not reconnected.

Still no resolution on the axle moan. The dealer said they have contacted Porsche the last three service visits. The other day, the service manager said they might not have actually contacted Porsche. Nice...
Old 05-01-2004, 12:06 AM
jarama beige
AutoX

Hypersonic:

I am sorry to hear about your situation. My Cayenne also has condensation inside the Xenon. I read somewhere that the Mercedes also have a similar problem with their Xenon. My brakes will squeak occasionally. Did you say floor mats can be obtained free by calling a special phone number? During my purchase, I had to pay extra $100 for the floor mats. If free, please tell me how ... and I shall do it. Thanks. I wish you the best in Cayenne repairs.

Quick Reply: New Cayenne S with Issues