Sponsored by:

1372 Check Engine light Code

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 06:37 PM
Pbacon
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 1372 Check Engine light Code

I had been chasing a Check Engine Light with the 1372 Implausible Signal code. . Over a period of several years I changed the solenoid, coil packs, O2 sensors, reset the code each time. Every 2 to 3 K miles the light came back on. After about another 1,000 miles it would turn itself off. I found the code stayed in the computer though.
this problem started at 80K miles. The SUV has 200K now.
I finally got tired of chasing this and spoke the service manager at Hennessey Porsche in Atlanta. They told me the problem is related to an oil feed line. The line can get clogged and turn the light on. They went through the heads and oil lines. Total was about $1,300 mostly labor.

i have passed about 4 K miles now and the code has not reappeared.

An independent shop in NC several years ago charged me about $2k to go through the heads and change the solenoid. Was not the problem.

i hope this thread helps. In this case, only a really competent dealer service fixed this. I had talked to several other dealers in my area and they did not have any idea. I was not comfortable with taking it in for them to start looking around.

i highly recommend Hennessey if you have this problem

good luck.
The following users liked this post:
villemus (02-11-2024)
Old 04-03-2020, 06:31 PM
Pbacon
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure but it would be a good place to start. I don’t think my sensor was ever bad. Suggest you talk to a mechanic. There is a Rennlist thread about changing the sensor. A little difficult to get to, couple hour job. So it would take me half to a full day to do it once, then 2 hours to do it again.
The following users liked this post:
villemus (02-11-2024)

Quick Reply: 1372 Check Engine light Code