Front Right Drive Feels Like it is Stripped under Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 01:10 AM
Javivega1
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Front Right Drive Feels Like it is Stripped under Acceleration

Dear Cayenne Community,

'06 Cayenne Turbo S - 166k mi. - Under acceleration the front right wheel feels like its stripped; kind of like it skips a "tooth" under acceleration. At first it was under heavy acceleration; now its degraded to under non-spirited normal starting from a stoplight, and it skips multiple times until the acceleration subsides, like i'm trying to put a ratchet on a stripped nut. it will also do it at higher speeds (i.e. @70mph) if I punch it and engage the turbos.

I have had no "faulty transmission" messages of any kind. The car's drive system (and everything else) works absolutely perfectly the rest of the time under all conditions. no rattles no noises no nothing. No issues at all.
I had one mechanic (who wouldn't work on it) tell me it was different sized/worn tires, but i have perfectly evenly worn and evenly matched to the 1/64th tread depth Michelin Lattitudes all around.
I had another mechanic tell me it sounded like a worn lower control arm but he wasn't convinced it would solve the problem.
The mechanics I normally go do don't seem to want to get into it.

I am perplexed and am not enough of a mechanic to get into this. Any pointers/help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance for taking the time - Javier
Old 10-02-2019, 07:42 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Sounds like the transfer case stepper motor. Do some searching and reading about other people that have had issues with it.

Quick Reply: Front Right Drive Feels Like it is Stripped under Acceleration