Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TT Tire Wear, archives searched, dealer outcomes??

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 10:51 PM
Tom 97 C2-S, So. Cal.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry TT Tire Wear, archives searched, dealer outcomes??

Need help on getting tires replaced at little or no cost.

I have researched the archives on abnormal tire wear and realize there has been some issues. My wife's TT front outsides are VERY bald, backs look fine, 6,600 miles with 95% in comfort mode but need to know....

a) How do I get the dealer to accept the problem on behalf of PNA?

I stopped by the dealer today to schedule an appointment, briefly mentioned the nature of the appointment, THEN was immediately greeted with the cold shoulder, never heard of the problem, it was my fault for driving with a bad alignment, it will have to go up the ladder to the head service advisor and maybe PNA.

As always, thanks in advance.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:29 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

On some models they (dealer) were supposed to have done an alignment after 400 miles, did they ? no ?

Well they are to blame then.

I would push back at them, the air suspension masks a whole bunch of alignment issues by the looks of it. I only found my problem by accident, and the dealer did a "Dealer Discretion" replacement of 2 tires. Others have had similar responses as long as they have been under 9700 miles for some reason.

I was also old that only "good" dealers have that privelage, I doubt any dealer would admit they weren't good.

Go for it ! hard !
Old 02-17-2004, 06:47 AM
Harbormaster
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PNA has an agreement with the Better Business Bureau to submit to binding arbitration or mediation re: unresolved customer complaints. Decisions made are binding on the company but not on the consumer. This process is done at the local BBB level by trained volunteer arbitrators/mediators. I did this for BBB for many years and it's a dynamite service for all. I believe it's still available and you can simply call BBB for explanation on how it works.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:20 PM
Tom 97 C2-S, So. Cal.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just a follow-up...
My local dealer stepped up to the plate and fixed everything... They were great once we came to a mutual understanding of everyones position. I was a bit hesitant to let them do their "once over" and get back to me, but my reservations were quickly overcome.

I hope to not have any warranty/service problems in the future, but my latest outing brings faith back in the "dealership experience" and PNA doing what is right.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:49 PM
beemaze
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom,

Which dealer were you dealing with?
Old 02-19-2004, 02:17 AM
Tom 97 C2-S, So. Cal.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Newport Beach. Service Advisor & Service Manager & PNA came through. No affiliations, blah blah.

With the amount of effort their parts dept. puts in supporting the local PCA, and the amount of support I try to put back into him/them (buying goods, I'm a sucker), it was nice to see this resolved.

Quick Reply: TT Tire Wear, archives searched, dealer outcomes??