Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm "double beep" on 2009 means what?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 05:50 PM
snoop
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To clarify on my 957 when locking it double beeps which i think is normal. Its not the horn that beeps but a separate speaker. I have a 996 which honks the horn if something something is open like door, trunk or engine hood.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:54 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Wisconsin Joe
I've had my settings change all by themselves a couple of times.

Alarm 'beep' configuration, lock setting, something else that I can't remember at the moment.

I changed them back and they've stayed...

So far.
This occurred with my 957 as well.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:22 PM
19psi
Burning Brakes

Received 156 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Alastair
Well, the end of the saga (for me) is that we're back to silent locking (no beeps). Maybe the double-beeping is just a configurable option? It seems strange that it started beeping at the same time as the alarm started randomly going off, but in any case, no faults shown now following the siren unit replacement, and all is calm once again!

Cheers for all the help and advice.
I hope it was under warranty and you didn't have to pay $643 for a problem that didn't exist.
As has been mentioned, two beeps are normal. Yes, it is a configurable option. It is all explained in your owner's manual.
Option settings can sometimes change due to a simple glitch caused by something as simple as starting a car with a low battery.

You can save a lot of time and $$$ in the future by learning how to navigate your menu system (and reading the manual) because at some point it most likely will happen again.

Quick Reply: Alarm "double beep" on 2009 means what?