Sponsored by:

Trunk button and Key Fob wont open

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 10:39 AM
Portyansky
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk button and Key Fob wont open

Hey guys, recently purchased a used 2010 Cayenne by for my wife. So far we live the car. But one thing that's driving us is the tailgate wont open with the cabin button (drivers door), or using the key fob. Work perfect using the tailgate buttons to open and close so we know the actuator and motor works. I have tried to read through this forum, but seems to be different issues. Fuse 31/32 are good. Not sure what else. Must be a setting I'm missing.
Thanks in advance
Old 03-17-2019, 10:43 AM
sprfrkr
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine is wonky too. I can get the remote to work by pressing and holding twice. The door opening mechanism works when it wants to. I am sure it is in the manual someplace, but I am too lazy to look. I know that doesn't help you much, but I saw no replies after a few days so I'll give you a bump.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:48 AM
Portyansky
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sprfrkr
Mine is wonky too. I can get the remote to work by pressing and holding twice. The door opening mechanism works when it wants to. I am sure it is in the manual someplace, but I am too lazy to look. I know that doesn't help you much, but I saw no replies after a few days so I'll give you a bump.
I thought it may have been the fob battery. Replaced it yesterday. No luck. Not sure really. I'm honestly thinking of just disconnecting the car battery and hope it "resets" itself.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:32 PM
RSbob
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

I find that with the inside button, the car must be stopped with the engine running. If the ignition is off, no cigar. Or if it starts to open and you shut the ignition off, the gate will stop mid-open.

With the fob, a quick click will not open the gate. Maybe it’s a fail safe for accidentally pressing the wrong button. I find holding it down for a full two seconds works on mine. YMMV

Quick Reply: Trunk button and Key Fob wont open