Sponsored by:

all weather floor mats vs. sand beige carpet

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 11:47 PM
dcsjc
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default all weather floor mats vs. sand beige carpet

First post in the Cayenne forum! Avid reader of the 996 and 987 forums and occasional poster. Just added a 955 to "the fleet" (as my family refers to it) and enjoying it! Totally different than the 2dr cars and a nice complement. And within 20% of cost parity with the minivan we're replacing it with so what could be better than that??

2005 Cayenne S, Carmon Red exterior, Sand Beige interior. Obligatory picture attached. Looking for all weather floor mats that are a reasonable match for the carpet (definitely don't want black). Wandered the internet and the forums too long looking for possibilities but not coming up with much. Took a risk and ordered the 3D Maxpider tan mats from amazon and was totally disappointed with the fit (didn't fit the front twist lock anchors) and the color (tan toward gray rather than beige). Do any of you have all weather mats in your car with sand beige interior that you would recommend?
Attached Images  
Old 03-02-2019, 11:54 PM
Wisconsin Joe
Nordschleife Master

Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Yes.

Mine came with Weathertech front mats that the PO had. They don't lock in place, but the fit is great and they don't move around. There's a place where you can cut out the hole for the lock, but I'd rather keep them intact. They hold a fair amount of water, and despite knocking off as much snow as possible when getting in, I still end up with a lot on the floor. Not cutting the holes to lock them down means the water doesn't go anywhere.

The color isn't perfect, but it's pretty close.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:00 AM
dcsjc
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the pointer to the weathertech mats. Glad to hear they are a close color match and don’t move around. Will investigate!
Old 03-03-2019, 12:29 AM
RSbob
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

Ditto on Weathertech. Also have the matching cargo liner.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:18 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Go with the black OEM rubber mats. Nothing worse, than scuffed-up and permanently stained tan carpeting and mats. All the newer Porsche has contrasting black now...
The following users liked this post:
lkraav (10-10-2022)
Old 03-03-2019, 05:26 PM
SoCal911t
Rennlist Member

Received 1,348 Likes on 662 Posts

Is that a Bugeye Sprite in the garage?
Old 03-03-2019, 06:30 PM
dcsjc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SoCal911t
Is that a Bugeye Sprite in the garage?
Yes sir! 1959, 948cc, upgraded with ribcase transmission and front disc brakes.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:38 PM
SoCal911t
Rennlist Member

Received 1,348 Likes on 662 Posts

Nice!
Old 03-03-2019, 07:11 PM
Petrolhead_007
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts

Nice fleet! I like the color of your Cayenne.

I would say try looking at some online pics of OEM (black) rubber mats. They give a nice contrast and reasonably priced as well.
Unfortunately, I don't think there are anything but black OEM rubber mats.

How much snow/rain do you get in your area? For all around comfort year around, you can't beat carpeted mats. They don't become slippery or squiggly when they're wet, and much better on your feet on long journeys as well.
If carpeted mats become dirty or stained, you can always wash them or just buy a new set.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:30 AM
Mr. Merk
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts

https://www.cocomats.com/coco

Our interior is black with Silver trim so we got original Coco Mats in black with grey.

My wife's 997 is black with tan interior but has black painted console. Will probably do black with natural.

I think the Jalisco or black with natural might look good in your 955.

Old 03-07-2019, 02:22 AM
dcsjc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Petrolhead_007
Nice fleet! I like the color of your Cayenne.
I would say try looking at some online pics of OEM (black) rubber mats. They give a nice contrast and reasonably priced as well.
Unfortunately, I don't think there are anything but black OEM rubber mats.

How much snow/rain do you get in your area? For all around comfort year around, you can't beat carpeted mats. They don't become slippery or squiggly when they're wet, and much better on your feet on long journeys as well.
If carpeted mats become dirty or stained, you can always wash them or just buy a new set.
Thanks a lot for the inputs! We’ve got black OEM rubber mats in our other cars (Boxster, Audi A4) and like them a lot. I live in San Jose, CA and get zero snow but plenty of rain and they work great. I think the crux is that I’m not sure I want the huge contrast of the black mats against the very light interior, so I do think i want lighter mats than black. I wish I could get sand beige OEM mats (too bad!). Good point from the other post about scuffed mats looking bad. When that happens I’ll think back on this thread.

Originally Posted by Mr. Merk
https://www.cocomats.com/coco
Our interior is black with Silver trim so we got original Coco Mats in black with grey.

My wife's 997 is black with tan interior but has black painted console. Will probably do black with natural.

I think the Jalisco or black with natural might look good in your 955.
The interior of your car is stunning! The light and dark contrast is beautiful and the Coco Mats are perfect for it. Our interior is all sand beige light carpet and slightly darker dash + steering wheel, but still definitely “light brown.” I think even the coco mats might look out of place but you’ve got me thinking hard.

For now I’m going with the light mats and I’ll set a reminder 1yr from now to report back!
Old 03-08-2019, 06:54 PM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I like the cocomats too.

Quick Reply: all weather floor mats vs. sand beige carpet