Cardan shaft arrived from Germany!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 09:16 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
According to my paperwork, the P/N of the shaft installed today was 955-421-020-11. I believe the older/original shaft P/N ends in -10.
(these P/N's courtesy of Loren from a post over on renntech.org)

These are #'s for the S shaft; the Turbo shaft would end in -21(new) or-20 (original).

Hopefully, this will fix the problem once and for all. My S was perfect up until 7K miles, so only time will tell.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:05 PM
TIS330ci
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can turbo owners get it? what does it do differntly?
Old 02-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 97 Posts

TIS330ci,

Believe me, you'll "feel" it if you need it. There is a pretty good set of threads and posts that can help you get a feeling for what this replacement solves.

And for the REST OF YOU GUYS........ My cardan shaft is finally in and the car goes in on Monday for repair. They are also going to replace my Bose amplifier since I've had 3-4 occurences where the system turns on but produces no music. I'm also checking on the eGas software update.

Karl, if you hear power tools going on outside your window....... just ignore it. It's probably just the neighbor's cat!

Toby
Old 02-07-2004, 05:30 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Smile

Toby,
I am happy (actually relieved, and I'm a lot further away than Karl and Gary....they can't be sleeping at night ;-) that your Cardan shaft arrived.

As for the Bose amplifier, please send me a PM if you still have problems after replacement. There are situations where it is the amplifier and sometimes the headunit. Each will exhibit 'no audio', but for very different reasons.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:53 PM
EuroCarNut
Instructor

Toby,

In order for me to sleep well at night, I went ahead and toilet papered my own house , and I have replaced my new carden shaft with the old one and returned the new one to Park Place for you appointment on Monday. Don't mind the mud and dents on it. They all come like that.

Also, I currently have my roof fack on with the spare tire on top. If you see me driving around town and you need a spare, just help yourself. It's a lot better than coming over to my house and waking up all the neighborhood cats.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Matt C
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh Boy, I am so glad that Switzerland is not close to Texas.

No seriously, I am very happy for you that yours has finally arrived.

Have a good weekend
Old 02-10-2004, 11:27 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 97 Posts

FINALLY!!!! I got my Cayenne back today with the replacement cardan shaft. Karl, you are correct...... you can FEEL the difference.

Park Place also replaced the amplifier that seemed to go AWOL every now and then....... AND they updated my DME software with new maps. The response from the engine is MARKEDLY different. The entry on my receipt says:

9995 W/P #196 Client reports hesitation when accelerating. Reprogrammed DME with updated software. LO: 03350000 0.30TU Update using PST2 DC: 24700400001

DifferenceEngine - do you know what version of software is being flashed on PST2 for the DME currently? Also, is LO: the "Labor Operation"? Just curious. (Whatever programmer laid out THESE reports should be SHOT!)

Rest easy tonight folks..... No more howling cats or soggy toilet paper wrapping houses. I already notified Lewis that his dogs could sleep inside tonight (rather than spending the night in his Cayenne). Matt, don't be so sure that Switzerland is not too close to Texas!

And Karl, I checked out your spare! It's the one from our trip back in November! Least you could do is replace the tire!

Toby (looking for my NEXT warranty item!)
Old 02-11-2004, 01:18 AM
EuroCarNut
Instructor

Toby,

The spare tire should be good Really. I plugged it myself. I only have to air it up every other day now.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:30 AM
Matt C
Addict
Rennlist Member

What a relief. The world's a better place again.

Can I really send away the 15 bodyguards covering my car? (Toby, I knew that not even Switzerland would be to far for you)

Originally posted by Toby Pennycuff
Update using PST2 DC: 24700400001
Is this a generic code again or can someone translate it into a human-understandable language?

Quick Reply: Cardan shaft arrived from Germany!