Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne ownership experience, how is yours?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 10:06 PM
HotPepper
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne ownership experience, how is yours?

Hello everyone, new to this great site, a wealth of information, it's very interesting to see what problems other owners are experiencing with their Cayenne's, although I doubt Porsche enjoys this, the fact is that by us knowing what problems each other are experiencing and how they were solved is a definite benefit to the ownership experience. My Cayenne S has about 11,000km (7000 miles) on it now, everyone of which I have enjoyed driving, especially now in the winter season where the Cayenne really shows it's traction and stability on the icy snow covered roads here, those Germans have done an incredible job, this vehicle has grown on me like no other, it is absolutely a blast to drive! It sure beats looking at the Porsche car cover on the Boxster S in the garage all winter, LOL! I'm actually scared to test drive the TT as I know that I'll have to have one, it's not the price but rather my wife's reaction that really scares me! My friend tells me that I just have to buy it in the same color and she won't notice, he did this for four years with snowmobiles until he got caught, the model color was changed by the factory, LOL! After reading some of the posts I realise that I'm not the only one experiencing some of the initial Cayenne teething problems that have worked themselves out, although so far very minor (drip from rear windshield washer-> replaced with updated one, rear hatch glass constantly opening by itself-> micro switch replaced), none the less irritating for such a luxury vehicle. There is one problem that still mystifies me though and I would like to know if anyone else has this problem, some of the programmable memory settings (unlocking just the driver door or all doors and the horn signal beeping when locking the vehicle) keep changing back to factory settings when using my key and then her key, although I have programmed them identically for both keys, all other settings including individual seat and mirror settings stay the same as originally programmed, any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:37 PM
rijk365gtb4
Advanced

I have now almost 12000 miles on my TT and the only thing wrong is that the computer keeps resetting tehpreference settings. I've given up entering them.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:57 AM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

I have also noticed that when opening the cargo door with my remote the rear window will also pop open at times. Is this because I've held down the remote too long or should I get this checked out at the dealer?

TIA!
Old 01-26-2004, 03:36 PM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Its because you held down the remote for too long... it happens to me sometimes... stop pressing on the remote when you see the hazard light turn on for a second.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:11 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

My S is great... No problems since reset DME in Oct (that were small items).

Just hauled 1200lb of marble tile, the PASM auto adjusted the level.

Great truck..., a lot of git up and gone.....

Quick Reply: Cayenne ownership experience, how is yours?