Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All door setting for Entry and Drive

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004 | 06:57 PM
johnhct
Intermediate

Default All door setting for Entry and Drive

I have the Entry and Drive option. When I go to Comfort settings and set it from one door to all doors, it always reverts back to one door. I asked my dealer about this. He said it was a liability issue for American cars and was disabled. He said he could force it to all doors, but I would not be able to set it back.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Old 01-22-2004 | 08:03 PM
DanP
Instructor

Your dealer is incorrect.

I had my TT doing the "all door open" for about 6 months, except that a couple of days ago it decided to revert to the one-door thing.

There are a couple of threads here explaining the process (related to setting the memory & locking the car with the key for it to bite). Do a search and you should be able to sort it out. I'll do one myself when I have some time.
Old 01-22-2004 | 10:59 PM
dchoutx
Intermediate

I have a T-reg in addition to my TT. I have had the same issue with the T-reg. for 6 mos. VW to this day has not figured out the cause.

My TT does not have the entry and drive option and I do not miss it. It is nice to have when it works but now I do not have the frustration of it not working properly as I do with the T-reg (K.I.S.S.).

I am beginning to get a sense that the Porsche and VW vehicles have alot more in common than Porsche will ever acknowledge............

I wonder if Porsche and VW consult each other on issues with shared components....?
Old 01-23-2004 | 03:29 PM
johnhct
Intermediate

Originally posted by dchoutx
I have a T-reg in addition to my TT. I have had the same issue with the T-reg. for 6 mos. VW to this day has not figured out the cause.

My TT does not have the entry and drive option and I do not miss it. It is nice to have when it works but now I do not have the frustration of it not working properly as I do with the T-reg (K.I.S.S.).

I am beginning to get a sense that the Porsche and VW vehicles have alot more in common than Porsche will ever acknowledge............

I wonder if Porsche and VW consult each other on issues with shared components....?
I have heard that the electrical systems on both the Touareg and the Cayenne are identical. Is this true on your cars? Are the fuse boxes and fuse assignments the same?

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2004 | 04:29 PM
dchoutx
Intermediate

The locations appear to be the same but a cannot determine how much more similar they are beyond that as my T-reg has been in the shop since I took delivery of my C/TT.

Yes, in for electr. issues................

Quick Reply: All door setting for Entry and Drive