Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bose MOST adaptor loss of fade work around

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 04:48 AM
sgtm7
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Where did you find the wiring diagram? I have been looking into buying a downloadable repair/workshop manual, but I don't want to spend the money if it doesn't have the audio system wiring.
Old 01-17-2020, 03:00 AM
Zakowsky
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts

Just to note on this method of getting the fader to work, it might be obvious but you don't need to add an extra amp if you don't want to. Just run RCA cables or speaker wires from the head unit rear channel back to the Bose amp, pop out the speaker lines from the connector that go out to the rear door speakers and connect them directly to the HU. Connect the 2 channel MOST unit to the front speaker HU output and Bob's your uncle. Most of the aftermarket Android HU's put out 45 watts per channel at 4 ohms anyway, so you could just use that; it will be only driving 2 speakers. All the rest, including the sub, will be driven as stock off the Bose amp. I never tried it that way, as I wanted to beef up the rears and sub as well as get fade back.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:08 PM
hirinhu
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zakowsky
Just to note on this method of getting the fader to work, it might be obvious but you don't need to add an extra amp if you don't want to. Just run RCA cables or speaker wires from the head unit rear channel back to the Bose amp, pop out the speaker lines from the connector that go out to the rear door speakers and connect them directly to the HU. Connect the 2 channel MOST unit to the front speaker HU output and Bob's your uncle. Most of the aftermarket Android HU's put out 45 watts per channel at 4 ohms anyway, so you could just use that; it will be only driving 2 speakers. All the rest, including the sub, will be driven as stock off the Bose amp. I never tried it that way, as I wanted to beef up the rears and sub as well as get fade back.
good idea man! for those who dont want to add another amp, im geting this unit:https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/40000...c003yScL8&mp=1
im thinking in use the SUB output as this unit has DSP, a mono amp for subwoofer and use the wiring for rear speakers from unit!
Old 12-30-2020, 11:27 PM
Finarlie
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Maybe of some help

Sorry wrong thread

Last edited by Finarlie; 12-30-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Bose MOST adaptor loss of fade work around