Sponsored by:

Bad fuel or Diverter Valves???

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 11:54 AM
stefan063
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nodoors
The fastener type you are describing is called a triple square.

Yes, you can change the O-rings yourself. There are numerous walkthroughs and videos that should help. It takes some time, but you can do it with simple tools if you are not well equipped. You will need 2 of each:

turbo to charge pipe
charge pipe to intercooler
intercooler to charge pipe that leads to Y-pipe
I would also get a new throttle body seal if you have never replaced it.

The old o-rings were black and the new ones are green. If a previous owner has recently replaced them, then they will be green. I am lazy right now, but you can find these part numbers and manual/diagrams from searching in my previous post about alternator replacement. As part of the alternator replacement procedure is to entirely remove the intake plumbing so that the radiator and front subframe of the car can slide forward for access.

The Y-pipe is very tough to tell if it is leaking due to the design. You will see what I mean when you pull it apart. It is quickest and easiest to buy a new one. Just get in the mindset that there is a lot of cheap (but expensive to purchase) plastic parts on this car that will need to be changed every 10 to 15 years. They get baked the hot underhood temps and become brittle after so many heat cycles. The O2 sensors are probably not your problem unless you are getting codes for them, in which case I would do them first.
I have found those o-rings. Sold sepparatly. I have ordered them at my local Porsche Dealer. All 6 of them. I will try to change them my self. As for Y-pipe take a look. I have looked beneath it, no sweat of oil anywhere...
I wanna buy Diverter Valves for a peace of mind. Which one should I get?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ve/06a145710p/

or

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...h/95511071001/

Old 08-21-2018, 07:51 AM
stefan063
Racer

Just ordered 6x o-rings mentioned...
Old 08-21-2018, 02:04 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

I think I went with the 710N diverters from ECS tuning. It is a super common part on a lot of european turbo vehicles. They work great.

Don't forget the throttle body gasket as well.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:07 PM
stefan063
Racer

I think I went with the 710N diverters from ECS tuning. It is a super common part on a lot of european turbo vehicles. They work great.

Don't forget the throttle body gasket as well.
OK for 710N... Going to order it. Why do you think I need new gasket if this one is OK? What could be the problem right now?
Old 08-21-2018, 02:37 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

It is a cheap part, you are going to be working near it. Might as well rule out any potential things that could leak under boost if you want to fix the problem with minimal time and effort.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:05 AM
stefan063
Racer

It is a cheap part, you are going to be working near it. Might as well rule out any potential things that could leak under boost if you want to fix the problem with minimal time and effort.
You got the point. Will do.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:33 PM
stefan063
Racer

At last

Yesterday I cleaned my MAF sensors. YEP. They were all dirty and oily... At first there was no big difference, but TODAY,boy it is different. No more pressure shut off,no more stutter at any level,NOTHING!!!

Can MAF sensors cut pressure to the turbos and diverter valves or what ever??? I think definitely YES. Never mind but I have got today set of new o-rings and throttle body gasket, Diverter Valves are gonna be here sometimes next week. So I have made appointment to the Porsche Dealer to change all those things, and just maybe it get even better

I am so happy right now... What a little "wash" made a HUGE difference.

I didn't have the need to clean MAF sensors by now,but I know what I am going to do the first time I get new car

My dad have 2014 BMW 750D M Performance FULL spec, 92.000km on it,first owner, bought it brand new,everything was done by the book at BMW Dealer, and asked me to clean his MAF sensor . I am gonna do it tomorrow and see how it goes
Old 08-29-2018, 06:00 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Nice. Clean the throttle body too while you have it out!
Old 08-30-2018, 03:19 PM
stefan063
Racer

I have got these o-rings today. Throttle body o-ring will be at my place by Wednesday. Diverter valves I haven't still ordered. There are as I can see a lot of different models of them. Can I buy these ones, they seems to be OK and cheap as you can see... I have appointment next Saturday at Porsche Dealer for them to change everything.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-AUDI...0AAOSw-4BXcLY4
Old 09-02-2018, 12:45 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

So the MAF cleaning fixed your stutter? Interesting. I've been meaning to do that.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:50 PM
stefan063
Racer

Originally Posted by Brainz
So the MAF cleaning fixed your stutter? Interesting. I've been meaning to do that.
Yes. Cleaning MAF sensors resolved all stuter. Never mind the fuel I am using. But I have switched to 100RON from few days ago and boy there is difference now...

I cleaned my dads MAF on BMW 750D, he went on 320km road trip and said there is huge difference. And his BMW doesn't even have 100.000km on it... So definitely clean you MAF sensor. You will see big difference (if they are dirty).

Quick Reply: Bad fuel or Diverter Valves???