Sponsored by:

Air Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 01:35 AM
Craig
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Air Suspension Question

Hello All Cayenne Owners w/ Air Suspension!

I enjoy the appearance of the Cayenne at the "Load Level" air suspension setting (lower than the "Low Level"). At low speed, however, the car raises itself up to the "Normal" setting.

My question: Does anyone have any info. on whether it is possible to override the automatic lift setting, and keeping the car at the "Load Level"? What is the impact of this, if possible?

Thanks!

Craig

'04 Cayenne TT
Old 01-14-2004, 04:59 AM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Craig there are a couple of companies such as Techart and Rinspeed that make modules that allow you to keep the car in a lower position. Those units will cost you around $2500.. Also if you put the car in load level then drive off it does go up to normal level, but then you can drop it down to the level between normal and load..
Old 01-14-2004, 09:33 AM
OVRSTR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Craig, you cannot drive around at regular speeds, as you know, on "Load Level". The vehicle defaults to "Normal" after you hit either 5 or 15 mph. You can however set the ride height to "Low Level" for your daily use and the vehicle's ride height will remain at that setting until you change it. That's the setting I use. I believe it to be a good compromise. Mike
Old 01-14-2004, 12:39 PM
Cay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in one other post here someone warned to modify the system that driving in loading position is possible cuz it can harm your suspension

Quick Reply: Air Suspension Question