Missing Power Outlets

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 06:44 PM
airtire
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing Power Outlets

Newbie Here. Nice Forum.

In my owners manual ('04 Cayenne S) it states that there should be 2 power outlets on the right side of the console.

I have searched all over the passenger foot area and can not find these anywhere. Are they under the carpet?

I have the Nav system if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Old 01-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Jeffrey Behr
Pro

Received 284 Likes on 124 Posts
Default They're VERY high, forward, and left...

...in the passenger footwell. Bend over!
Old 01-09-2004, 09:28 PM
GM Austin
Pro

And, if I might add at this juncture, in the perfect place, once you know where they are.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:30 AM
EPV
Intermediate

GM Austin: I am not being sarcastic or wry, but what I am missing is in what way are they in the "perfect place?"
I have found mine and I find it impossible to plug anything in them without getting out of the vehicle and crouching on the ground.
I have an "S" and I think from other posts that you have a TT. Are they different?
Old 01-10-2004, 09:22 AM
cavemans55
8th Gear

Originally posted by EPV
GM Austin: I am not being sarcastic or wry, but what I am missing is in what way are they in the "perfect place?"
I have found mine and I find it impossible to plug anything in them without getting out of the vehicle and crouching on the ground.
I have an "S" and I think from other posts that you have a TT. Are they different?
No, they are in the same place. I unintentionally ended up with the non-smoking package which replaces the ashtray and lighter with storage. The storage is nice but how do I plug my phone in when I need to? I haven't come across a phone cord that would reach from the outlet to a phone by my ear in the drivers seat. How about a passenger with hanging cords by their feet. I end up using the outlets in the back seat - much closer to the driver.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:41 AM
GM Austin
Pro

No, I don't have a Turbo, I have an S, but, the front power outlets are the same in each. I like the location because it is out of the way. Things that are plugged into these outlets don't interfere with anything else. I have a phone and radar detector plugged into them with coiled cords and it works just about right for me. The cords stay out of the way of the passangers feet and there is not a lot of activity near the outlet to be jarring the connection loose. I have had problems with loose connections in the traditional ashtray outlets because the plug was always being bumped. I also find that a coiled cord, unplugged from it's device, will hang pretty much straight down and mostly out of the way of passangers feet. Once you know where these things are, access is very good. I find I can plug and unplug things from the driver's seat very easily (with the car stopped). Using the rear console outlets is not really an option for me. I frequently have one or more nine year olds back there that love to play with stuff like that.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:48 AM
cavemans55
8th Gear

Mine is still in a car seat in the back so the floor plugs are safe. (Can't say the same for the door and window) My coiled cord won't stretch far enough to reach my ear. I wish they had thrown one in on the drivers side. I have been trying to find a longer cord which should solve the problem.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:46 PM
EPV
Intermediate

GM Austin: Thanks for the response. I see your point. I hadn't thought of simply leaving the coiled cords plugged in. Doing that makes it convenient and all the other benefits you mentioned also apply. Plus, I actually use my ashtray and lighter when I periodically stop being a militant non-smoker.
Old 01-10-2004, 06:13 PM
dchoutx
Intermediate

Great location, unfortunately the darn sockets are always on, not switched..........
Old 01-10-2004, 08:11 PM
GM Austin
Pro

YES! They could have at least done one each. Why not?

Quick Reply: Missing Power Outlets