Sponsored by:

Fuel Flange Recall Update

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 11:08 PM
vandal968
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dilberto

I got the fuel smell yesterday. Called my local dealer who did not seem interested honoring the fix, citing they do not have their allocation of updated, VDO parts yet. I escalated the call to PCNA and now they are doing a Goodwill repair, using remaining inventory of the existing, "failure-prone" part. Once they get the new parts - it will be under the knife once again. I actually like the older part, as you can easily change-out the fuel filter element(and flange dome) in just 20min. Photo of new, updated Siemens/VDO part(black top, sealed filter housing), for attention:
Interesting. So does this mean I get another free car wash at some future time? Do you know the part # for the updated part?

cheers,
c
Old 05-08-2018, 11:16 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

This is the new Continental/VDO part #A2C59514938 / 955 620 421 00. Yes, Porsche mandates installation of the newer, sealed part... so technically, dealer owes you another!
Old 05-09-2018, 12:13 AM
vandal968
Pro

Dilberto, check message #10 above. According to the invoice, that's the part that they used on mine. The dealer claimed that they had a small allotment of the new parts to repair cars with symptoms, but not a full allocation to perform the recall on all vehicles. So, I *think* that I'm good?

cheers,
c
Old 05-09-2018, 12:30 AM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vandal968
Dilberto, check message #10 above. According to the invoice, that's the part that they used on mine. The dealer claimed that they had a small allotment of the new parts to repair cars with symptoms, but not a full allocation to perform the recall on all vehicles. So, I *think* that I'm good?

cheers,
c
That part (955-620-421-00) is an updated part but from what I know it will not satisfy the campaign. The leak prone version is all white plastic. That black version of the flange has been around for probably close to five years and I have not seen one leak yet FWIW.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:16 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by vandal968

cheers,
c
That should be the discretion of the dealer, who did the repair. If I were to hazard a guess.... I think you're good to go.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:20 AM
Cayenne grocery
2nd Gear

Default Update!

Ralph from euroclassics Porsche in Midlothian just called me back a few minutes ago and apologized for having the wrong information earlier and stated that he got better information from his service manager about this recall: his dealership has not been given an ETA on the parts to perform the recall. So they cannot perform the recall at all at this time. If there is a gas smell inside the car now, they can repair it using the old, non recall parts. But if there's no gas smell inside the car, he estimates that within a "few months" they should have the parts and my name is on the list to be called to have the AH10 recall performed. And according to the claim form that came with the recall letter this AH10 recall work has to be performed before I can make a claim for work that we previously had done to fix the gas smell coming from the fuel pump under the back seat. So now I check the car carefully for a gas smell and wait for a few months to be called by our local dealer.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:29 PM
Martynban
Track Day

I just recieved a letter from porsche stating my car is affected by the recall and that i should call my local dealer for the affected parts to be replaced. Seems like something is finally happening there
Old 07-17-2018, 09:41 PM
vandal968
Pro

Originally Posted by Martynban
I just recieved a letter from porsche stating my car is affected by the recall and that i should call my local dealer for the affected parts to be replaced. Seems like something is finally happening there
Yes, your dealer still doesn't have the parts, but now with more urgency.

c
Old 07-17-2018, 09:44 PM
vandal968
Pro

Originally Posted by Dilberto
Anyone else think that the Cayenne fuel pump looks like Ash from Alien?
Old 07-26-2018, 04:59 PM
Designer
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

UPDATE: The new parts are here.

My '06 is in for it's yearly checkup and dealer just got the long-awaited part. Mine is the first that they've done and it's apparently trickier than they thought because they need an extra day to complete.
Old 07-28-2018, 12:29 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 261 Posts

Received my recall letter about three weeks ago and Sonnen did the work two weeks ago. I did not have the odor.

Quick Reply: Fuel Flange Recall Update