Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne Turbo Electronics Uggh!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 02:33 PM
VulcanGrey
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No, I wouldn't use the jump pack again. Mostly because when I later disconnected the battery for several days, without a jump pack or any battery retainer.... No settings were lost! Even the saved radio channels on the PCM were the same afterwards.

My 2004 CTT has the rear BOSE amp and the spare tire (no 2nd battery)
Old 01-05-2018, 12:14 PM
PORSCHEMORCHE
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dug into the wiring under carpet on the drivers side. Unfortunately the carpet was a one piece from front to back so I had to cut it and even then I could not get to dead pedal. I had a bunch of salt residue but all was dry. wiring looked fine but I have to figure a way to take all the carpet out without ruing everything.I could only bend it back so far and thats right where the junction is I just couldn't do it. I gave up as my newly arthroscope hip said its time to quit and button everything up. Wait for a warmer day. I disconnected the battery and reconnected and all settings were back to normal even my seat memory. Guess what? The plastic key popped the car right up and it seems to work but no locking by pressing the door handle button.
VulcanGrey my 2004 CTT has the same system as yours Bose and no 2nd battery.
Has anyone taken out the keys unit and what has to come off to get to it?
Thanks all another below zero day here in Minnesota going to florida soon for remainder of winter Cayenne stays home this trip.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:24 PM
VulcanGrey
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

y carpet was cut under the seat leaving a small tab that tucks under the rear seat vents. SO somebody had been in there before! The Carfax for my car shows that it was at the dealer once per year for "electrical checks"... but nobody fixed that corroded wiring until I did!

When I pulled up the carpet, it was difficult around the dead pedal, but the molded foam around that area did pull up, and gave enough room to work. I held the carpet back with a bungie cord around the throttle pedal and a gallon water jug to prop up the carpet.

The signs of salt there are bad news. Salt easily conducts electricity when damp/wet. Any moisture will reactivate the salt and start problems again and again. I would definitely clean up that wiring and waterproof it with the marine grade shrink wrap and dielectric silicone grease. Make sure you are isolating each wire splice from each other!, Don't bundle them all back together in one shrink tube for example!

Old 01-10-2018, 05:06 PM
PORSCHEMORCHE
Intermediate

Went to an indie shop yesterday , and did a complete scan open circuits on four antennas. Does anyone know where they are located in the car what they look like and how to replace? We got it working on and off after clearing codes. Walked away to about 20 feet and the car locked as we approached with fob in hand it would unlock and the plastic key one turn starts. It really works 100 % if I keep the fob down by my right knee. UGHH!
Old 01-11-2018, 06:16 AM
Stringbag
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

I would say that the chances of four independent antennas in different locations developing the same fault is, unlikely.
What is more likely is the kessy module is at fault.
I’ve got slight issues with mine (some door buttons not working, key not found randomly appears) so have been doing some research.
These are long threads but may help.

https://www.renntech.org/forums/topic/37055-keyless-kessy-entry-problem-fixed-after-5-dollars-and-1-hour-o/?page=1

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/#/topics/45716?page=1

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...topics/5734874
Old 01-11-2018, 01:10 PM
PORSCHEMORCHE
Intermediate

does anybody have a decent photo of the location of the keys unit as well as what does it look like? I looked under the steering wheel area and removed the panel and didn't see anything that looked like a black box that says Kessy
Old 01-13-2018, 05:22 AM
Stringbag
Pro

Originally Posted by PORSCHEMORCHE
does anybody have a decent photo of the location of the keys unit as well as what does it look like? I looked under the steering wheel area and removed the panel and didn't see anything that looked like a black box that says Kessy
This might help with the location
http://workshop-manuals.com/porsche/...ion/locations/
Old 01-13-2018, 03:44 PM
PORSCHEMORCHE
Intermediate

thanks Stringbag, wow thats great does this manual also show and tell how to get at these locations step by step?
Old 01-13-2018, 07:38 PM
Stringbag
Pro

Originally Posted by PORSCHEMORCHE
thanks Stringbag, wow thats great does this manual also show and tell how to get at these locations step by step?
yes

Quick Reply: Cayenne Turbo Electronics Uggh!