Sponsored by:

New Owner - 08 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 12:20 PM
dx3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner - 08 turbo

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I just recently purchased an 08 turbo with 108k miles. I am supposed to fly in and pick it up hopefully next week. This will be my first Porsche purchase, always been a Lexus/Infiniti driver.

With Lexus, you can log on to their owners site and see all the maintenance ever done on the vehicle. I spoke with the seller of the Porsche and he said Porsche doesn't release those records, so there's no way to know what has/has not been done to the vehicle. Is this true? I figured any owner purchasing a used Porsche would want to know the maintenance/service history. I checked the Carfax and it was pretty bland as far as what it told me. I would like to know this information obviously.

Any ideas?

Glad to join and learn more about these vehicle. Regards,
Jonny
Old 09-24-2017, 03:20 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 81 Posts

In the US Porsche dealers do not share a vehicle service database.

Your only option is to contact the service shops listed on the Carfax for the info.

You may hear about the privacy act (in the US). Just ask for the raw service info without the owners name.

Good luck with your purchase. It will require more $$ to maintain, compared to your Lexus/Infiniti. Set up a reserve fund for maintenance, you will need it.

Last edited by v10rick; 09-24-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:25 PM
dx3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by v10rick
In the US Porsche dealers do not share a vehicle service database.

Your only option is to contact the service shops listed on the Carfax for the info.

You may hear about the privacy act (in the US). Just ask for the raw service info without the owners name.

Good luck with your purchase. It will require more $$ to maintain, compared to your Lexus/Infiniti. Set up a reserve fund for maintenance, you will need it.
I appreciate the response, thank you! Hopefully I'll get it next Tuesday all being well and it will make it the 600 mile drive home without any issues. Thanks again!
Old 09-24-2017, 08:14 PM
jeanmarcboilard
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I called the 2 Porsche dealerships in the area that mine came from before I bought it. Providing them with the VIN, the one dealer was able to tell me that it was purchased there in 08, regularly serviced there, and they didn't see anything unusual as far as issues or repairs. That was enough to make me feel comfortable.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:26 PM
dx3
Intermediate

Thank you guys!
Old 09-30-2017, 07:58 AM
haji3
Advanced

I have an 08 Turbo. Amazing car! If you haven't tried it in Sport Mode you are in for a treat.

Quick Reply: New Owner - 08 turbo