Strange Hissing Noise - 05' Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 02:52 PM
malimt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Strange Hissing Noise - 05' Cayenne Turbo

Greetings to all the fellow Forum Members,

As of last week my Girlfriend fell in love with my 05' Cayenne Turbo and decided that wanted to trade her Lexus RX 350 09' with my Cayenne Turbo for a while. She drove it for a whole week and everything was absolutely perfect. However, just yesterday the "Turn Indicator Light" came on and I managed to narrow the problem down to the "Front Left Turn Signal" - No issues there. I'm going to replace that myself very soon.

But there's something else that happened today which has me a little worried. A strange hissing noise appeared out of nowhere from the front right A/C Vent on the passengers side... Every time you make a right turn no matter how fast/slow you're going you can hear a weird hissing sound. Now I did try to diagnose the issue and it seems to be A/C related because if the A/C is completely off then there is no noise when making a right turn. However, when the A/C is on the hissing noise appears and continues to worry me.

Any ideas what the problem could be? Maybe A/C Blower Motor? The sound only comes from the front right side/passenger side vent.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to do some research on the matter but didn't come across anything.

Thanks for viewing.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:58 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 183 Likes on 135 Posts

Make sure the ac water drain is not blocked first.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:07 PM
malimt
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
Make sure the ac water drain is not blocked first.
Greetings Mr. Haney,
Thank you very much for your prompt response.
Unfortunately, It's not the A/C water drain. I'm almost 100% sure of that. However, I will be sure to check it out today and see if it's clear.
This is something very odd and I can't seem to figure out the issue. Strange hissing noise occurs only when making a right turn. Only when the A/C is on, if the A/C is off no noises occur.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:45 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 183 Likes on 135 Posts

Maybe a flap inside or something is loose? I hate these kinds of problems
Old 09-24-2017, 01:47 AM
malimt
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
Maybe a flap inside or something is loose? I hate these kinds of problems
it could very well be possible that something is loose inside. However, it seems somewhat unlikely based on the symptoms. Nevertheless, I do appreciate the advice.

Quick Reply: Strange Hissing Noise - 05' Cayenne Turbo