Sponsored by:

Steering Wheels - Wood or Leather?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 04:26 PM
k2kv
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Steering Wheels - Wood or Leather?

Some of the Cayennes I've seen are fitted with the wood steering wheel option. It looks like a beautiful and inexpensive upgrade, kind of brings out and embellishes the rest of the wood in the C.

But I wonder how it actually "feels" after you drive with it long-term. I realize that you can't get it heated like the leather, so that is one negative.

Anyone out there have the wood wheel upgrade, but wish they didn't? Any opinions on this either way?

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2003, 05:29 PM
OVRSTR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wood looks nice if the vehicle was equipped with one of the wood packages, but aestetics aside, I don't like the feel...questionable grip compared to leather; too cold in the winter & too slippery in the summer. I've got the sport aluminum package with a standard leather wheel and I like that set up...it's quite sporty. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:40 PM
tahoeblue
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

The wood wheel to me looks great when combined with the smooth leather interior. With the standard embossed leather, I think the wood looks a little out of place.

Even better than the wood is the carbon fiber. But the frustrating thing here is the cost--my understanding is that the wood adds $290 to an ordered car, but the carbon adds $1395. Don't know why.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:49 PM
TIS330ci
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didn't get it because if you do, u lose the heated steering wheel feature.

Quick Reply: Steering Wheels - Wood or Leather?