Buyer and Seller Feeback Use this forum to report good or bad transactions.

Top Gear Imports Be aware

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 07:25 PM
Armo463
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Top Gear Imports Be aware

Hi all. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up about a dealer. I had a 2002 G500 and About a month ago I had Top Gear Imports LLC from Saddle Brook NJ who (I have known for a while and they actually found my 997.2 from another seller 6 years ago) told me that they had a buyer for my truck. I dropped off my vehicle on the purpose of the potential buyer taking a look at the car and also detailing the car so that it looks good. Over the last month and a half I haven’t been able to recover my Truck or the Money for the Car. I still have the title in my hands however every time I go there to ask for either the money so that I can give them the title or to take the truck they say they don’t have the keys or give excuses and say that they will finalize a sale next week. Now the truck is not there anymore and I saw the truck with different license plates on. However when I went to the DMV for a complaint they told me I still own the truck and the plate and registration are in tact. I just went to the police department today and filed a complaint they told me to give 24 hours before filing for theft. The dealer did reach out to me and said they will be finalizing the transaction tomorrow and not to file for theft but I just want everyone aware that about Top gear Imports....you need to be very aware. They play with titles and lots of the cars they don’t own and they don’t have the titles.

I already notified my attorney and we are reaching out to Attorney General as well along with the criminal charges we will place once we claim stolen.

Thank you for reading this and please spread the word I don’t want anyone to get screwed like this.

H
Old 01-25-2022, 07:33 PM
Rvca3112
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 87 Posts

Why not just report the vehicle stolen and get it back then?
Old 01-26-2022, 07:38 AM
EVOMMM
Rennlist Member

Received 1,664 Likes on 972 Posts

You definitely don’t want that truck back the new things crooks are doing is swapping parts they also drive your truck with illegally sold transport plates and either commit crimes in them or swap out needed parts
report the theft to police make sure you send them to top gear as you had it serviced there these guys are loving g wagons and Range Rover right now
Old 02-01-2022, 07:49 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 185 Posts

I for sure will not take the truck back after 6 weeks in someone else's ownership. Definitely bring it up with your insurance too. Do you by any chance remember the mileage when you dropped it off

Quick Reply: Top Gear Imports Be aware