Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 02:52 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Re: Special Edition Boxster® S Celebrates 50 Years of the 550 Spyder

Originally posted by Viken
For added performance, the new Boxster S edition is equipped with the most powerful engine ever offered in the Boxster model line. Rated at 264 horsepower (SAE), the 3.2-liter flat-six cylinder power plant propels the car from 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 5.7 seconds, and to a top track speed of 165 mph (266 km/h). Sportier suspension settings, 5 mm-wide wheel spacers on all four wheels, and standard 18-inch Carrera wheels improve handling, while a 15 percent shorter shift travel in the standard six-speed manual transmission provides quicker gear shifting.
It seems to have the exact performance 0 - 62 (5.7 sec.) as the regular Boxster according to Porsche although it gets 1 mph faster at the top end.

Charlie
Old 11-29-2003, 03:14 PM
P944forScott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Difference Engine
On a semi-related topic, if you were in charge of things, what would you have done for a special edition 2004 Boxster?

For me, it would have been like a Boxster/GT3. A stripped out, higher horsepower, lighter weight Boxster S.
I'm new here and if I may I would like to make just a few comments:

1. Re: the above question, did I hear rumors of a Boxster CS (Club Sport)? Can anyone confirm/deny.
2. Re: The 550 edition, very nice if I had $60K kicking around sigh me up! Yeah speedster humps are a must and okay it's not a big performance jump from the "S" model but ANY Porsche is an exclusive vehicle and this issue is even more unique... if that doesn't mean anything to you fine don't buy one.
3, Is it just me or are there a lot of 944 owner lurking here? Is the Boxster the next step in Porsche addiction?

Just my two thirds of a cent.

Quick Reply: Special Edition Boxster® S Celebrates 50 Years of the 550 Spyder