Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003 | 08:30 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Default Boxster Praise

I received a voice mail from a client last night asking me to refer a body shop to her, as she was in an accident with her 03 Boxster, and wasnt sure if it would be totalled. I reach her via phone this afternoon, and she described what happened. She was travelling through an intersection, and a young man, found later to be high and drunk, ran a red light and drove into her drivers door at 55mph. The car was so mangled that they had to cut most of the door away to get her out. Shattered glass, twisted metal, a real nasty scene. One less Boxster on the road. But there is good news(if you can call it that), She has a broken rib and a broken hand, and is otherwise just fine. She wants a new one, because that little car saved her life.

I thought I would pass along what great cars these are, even for things they dont get much recognition for.
Old 10-29-2003 | 08:59 PM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Yup, typical Porsche...saves your butt every time! I've heard about 20 or so of these stories over the past 5 years...varying different models, all built like a tank!
Old 10-30-2003 | 08:41 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good to hear she's (relatively) ok. This is one reason why I've gone in the direction of driving a "new" Porsche as opposed to...say, an 80's 911...for a daily driver. People may bitch and moan about all the new required safety standards and how they add weight and blah blah blah, but I feel safer in the daily grind with my Boxster than any other Porsche I've owned.

Oh, and for the record, I'm not flaming early cars. I love 'em too! (..and I want more..)

Quick Reply: Boxster Praise