Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone tried to install GT3 brakes b4?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 12:14 PM
sportster98xls
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone tried to install GT3 brakes b4?

Hi,

Got my hands on a pair of these huge brakes, i intend to fabricate a bracket to mount them on my 1997 2.5.

Just checking to see if anyone has done this or have advice to give...

cheers
Attached Images  
Old 10-14-2003, 01:05 PM
Alan Herod
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What for? How do you use this car? It seems that this would increase unsprung weight.. Does the GT3 have the same size rotor? If not, then your car will not be as happy with the balance as it was before.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:27 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Those are for ceramics, are you going to change rotors all around as well!

If so you you'll need another pair!
Old 10-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Turboflyer
Pro

I think you should get the entire package and install as space requires. I know you have the equillivant of ABS or maybe even PSM, but there is most likely a proportion valve somewhere to regulate pressure to the front and rear calipers. The pad as stated above and of course their rotors are designed to work together. I don't know the capacity of those systems to compensate for a totally different mechanical set up.As you know whats good for all out racing is not the same for a panic stop or two. They look outstanding. I just have a Boxster S and the brakes pull her/him down from top speed to nothing real quick. I would do extensive testing on a closed course under varying conditions before I let loose on the freeways.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:12 AM
sportster98xls
Advanced

Those are for ceramics, are you going to change rotors all around as well!
Yes, the yellows are PCCB, however i found out from my local Porsche Dealer that the calipers are the same with non PCCB six pistons, only difference is that they are painted red. The real diffenence is in the ceramic rotors and pads...which i do not intend to use. According to them, The 996TT rotors and pads fit just fine.

I would do extensive testing on a closed course under varying conditions before I let loose on the freeways.
definetly need to do that...and thanks for the advice on the prorportion valves will look into that...

looks like it will take me 2 weeks to get it done...will post pics and comments....wish me luck...

Quick Reply: anyone tried to install GT3 brakes b4?