Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Boxster S...what is this sound ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 05:08 PM
BoxCam
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Boxster S...what is this sound ???

Take a listen to this video and let me know if you've had this problem or what you think it may be. Thanks : )

So here is what happened:
  1. I heard this noise with no other symptoms, I thought, coming from the tank, no brainer, its the pump. Replaced the pump...easy. Did not solve the problem.
  2. Still no other symptoms other than the noise. Then I did some more research and found the comments about the Fuel Tank Vent Valve on Filler Neck, (aka Bleeder Valve), I changed that. Did not fix the noise, AND I was able to fill the tank once but last time I tried to fill the tank it wont accept the fuel.
  3. So now Im looking for help. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks. : )
Old 04-07-2016, 01:28 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxCam
Take a listen to this video and let me know if you've had this problem or what you think it may be. Thanks : )

Boxster sound coming from gas tank area - YouTube

So here is what happened:
  1. I heard this noise with no other symptoms, I thought, coming from the tank, no brainer, its the pump. Replaced the pump...easy. Did not solve the problem.
  2. Still no other symptoms other than the noise. Then I did some more research and found the comments about the Fuel Tank Vent Valve on Filler Neck, (aka Bleeder Valve), I changed that. Did not fix the noise, AND I was able to fill the tank once but last time I tried to fill the tank it wont accept the fuel.
  3. So now Im looking for help. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks. : )
Never had the problem but IIRC it is from the fuel line vent valve which is (again IIRC) located in the engine compartment.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:21 PM
BoxCam
Intermediate

Well looks like Im off to the independent shop. Damn, in 10 years of having the car other than the clutch this is the only thing I could not do myself. : (
Old 05-31-2016, 03:00 PM
BoxCam
Intermediate

Actually, I took it all apart again and I did not installed the sensor that sits in between the fuel tank vent valve on the filler neck. I took it all apart, put that sensor back in the right place and all is well, the noise is gone and I can fill with gas again. : )
Old 06-01-2016, 11:32 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxCam
Actually, I took it all apart again and I did not installed the sensor that sits in between the fuel tank vent valve on the filler neck. I took it all apart, put that sensor back in the right place and all is well, the noise is gone and I can fill with gas again. : )
Glad you got it sorted.

Quick Reply: 2003 Boxster S...what is this sound ???