Sponsored by:

Aerokit spoiler question

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 07:39 PM
Investigator
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerokit spoiler question

It seems that most Boxster photos that I see with the Aerokit rear spoiler simply have a new spoiler bolted to the standard trunklid, and still maintain both the original 3rd brake light, and also maintain the electric rear spoiler.

However, in the photo here:

I see no electric rear spoiler, I see a longer trunklid, and I see no high-mounted 3rd brake light.

Is this picture of a factory-ordered aerokit, where the others are aftermarket accessory aerokits?

Is the entire electric assembly just simply gone when the car has the factory-ordered aerokit?
Old 10-01-2003, 01:22 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are 2 factory Aerokits. Your picture is the original kit. The electric spoiler is removed and a longer trunk lid (made of plastic) goes on that has no provision for the 3rd brake light - so the light is on the fixed spoiler.

With the new Aerokit the electric spoiler stays in place, but is disabled. The original metal trunk lid stays in place. Jeff
Old 10-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Investigator
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff, thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.

Where's a good place to buy parts from the original Aerokit? I would specifically be interested in the trunklid. I can take-or-leave the spoiler.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:39 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The original Aerokit with all the parts is 000 044 800 80. Not sure if it has been discontinued due to AerokitII. Did see the entire original kit on ebay a few weeks ago but it did not sell. Check with your dealer to see if it is still available.

The plastic trunk lid part number is 986 512 991 00. There is also a plastic cover for the hole after the electric spoiler is removed.

Quick Reply: Aerokit spoiler question