Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

location of the clutch slave cylinder

Old 07-28-2015, 04:57 PM
aman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default location of the clutch slave cylinder

Hey guys, So the clutch pedal went all soft on me and the gear won't engage on my 98 Boxster. After doing some research online, it seems like the first step is to check both the master and slave cylinders and then bleed the system if both cylinders are OK.

My problem is I cannot seem to find where the slave cylinder is!!! I jacked the driver side (rear) of the car up, removed the wheel and looked all over but just don't see the cylinder.

If anyone can guide me on where the cylinder is located I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to give it a shot before taking the car to the mechanic and paying thru my nose!!

Regards,
Aman
Old 07-28-2015, 09:41 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by aman
Hey guys, So the clutch pedal went all soft on me and the gear won't engage on my 98 Boxster. After doing some research online, it seems like the first step is to check both the master and slave cylinders and then bleed the system if both cylinders are OK.

My problem is I cannot seem to find where the slave cylinder is!!! I jacked the driver side (rear) of the car up, removed the wheel and looked all over but just don't see the cylinder.

If anyone can guide me on where the cylinder is located I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to give it a shot before taking the car to the mechanic and paying thru my nose!!

Regards,
Aman
IIRC with my 2002 the slave cylinder is located on the tranny on I think the driver's side.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:24 PM
aman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I found the slave cylinder.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: location of the clutch slave cylinder