Sponsored by:

Headlight Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 12:22 AM
Alex986s
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Issue

My 2002 Boxster S came with amber halogen headlight assemblies but a few years ago I swapped them out for the clear xenon headlight assemblies. Now for some reason all the lights light up except the main headlight bulb won't. The fuses and all connections are good, I just had several connection pieces replaced. I can swap the headlights out for the old one and with the car running and the lights on (the old lights will work) pop out one of the headlight assembly unit and slide in the new xenon clear assembly and it will all work, then swap out the other and it will work as well. However, if I turn off the lights and then immediately turn them back on the main headlight bulb will not relight. What is wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:25 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex986s
My 2002 Boxster S came with amber halogen headlight assemblies but a few years ago I swapped them out for the clear xenon headlight assemblies. Now for some reason all the lights light up except the main headlight bulb won't. The fuses and all connections are good, I just had several connection pieces replaced. I can swap the headlights out for the old one and with the car running and the lights on (the old lights will work) pop out one of the headlight assembly unit and slide in the new xenon clear assembly and it will all work, then swap out the other and it will work as well. However, if I turn off the lights and then immediately turn them back on the main headlight bulb will not relight. What is wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
That reads like a possible headlight switch problem.

Another possible explanation: If the xenon headlight requires a "starter" (the bi-xenon headlights in my Turbo require this one per headlight) this may be acting up.

Quick Reply: Headlight Issue