Sponsored by:

Last Minute San Diego PCH Night Cruise Friday Sep 12th

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 01:43 AM
Jonas Goldsmith
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last Minute San Diego PCH Night Cruise Friday Sep 12th

OK, I know this is short notice, but a bunch of us are bored of NOT doing anything down here in SD, and we haven't had a night cruise in a while, sooo.....

When: Friday, Sep 12th 2003, 7:00pm

Where: Jack In The Box / Taco Bell parking lot, on corner of Palomar Airport Road and Business Park Drive near Carlsbad Raceway

What: We'll be CRUISING PCH/101 after hanging out for a bit talking cars

Why: Cause we haven't done anything in SD for a while. That, and some of us are just plain bored and want to drive with our friends. If you need more reasons than that, you're missing the point of the entire thing and should even bother to show up....unless you're trying to meet new people....

We'll be leaving at 8:00pm on the dot, so please try to get there BY 7:45 at least. We'll brief everyone on where we are going at that time, right before we head off.

Please make sure that you get gas and all that jazz before coming to the meet. There are plenty of places to fill up on the way there from both the 5 and the 15. If you are in doubt as to whether what you've got is enough gas, fill up when you get off the freeway BEFORE making it to the meeting spot.

People always ask if we are going to race, haul ***, speed…etc etc … and the answer is NO. We do not promote that kind of thing at our meets. If you choose to do this, it is at your own risk, and will probably be out in front of the group. Do so on your own, but be ready for us to bitch at you if you are being stupid. This is not a race, it's a chance to meet the people on the forums and see their cars in person. Lets keep it fun and safe guys.

DIRECTIONS:

From the 5:
Take the PALOMAR AIRPORT RD Exit and go EAST on Palomar Airport Rd. Make a LEFT on BUSINESS PARK DRIVE, then go LEFT into the shopping center.

From the 15:
Take the SAN MARCOS BLVD Exit and go WEST on San Marcos Blvd. This will eventually change names to Palomar Airport Rd. Make a RIGHT on BUSINESS PARK DRIVE, then go LEFT into the shopping center.

We will be parked close to Palomar Airport Rd, and shouldn't be THAT hard to find. This is last minute, so the turn out might not be as huge as before.

This has mostly been a BMW meet, but I would like to see a Nice Porsche showing... I will be the lanky looking redhead in the 944S... hope to see some of you out there!
Old 09-29-2003, 09:33 AM
Turboflyer
Pro

Sorry I missed this one. I live in Corona so do you ever have anything going for us old folks? I will be the balding guy who still thinks he is 18 on the insude
Old 09-29-2003, 12:28 PM
Jonas Goldsmith
Three Wheelin'

PCA SDR autox on the 12th... thats all i can think of?
Old 09-29-2003, 08:16 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Turboflyer, you should visit the 993 board every once in a while. There's a bunch of guys/gals there from Orange County/Los Angeles area that do tours every so often.

Or -- just start one of your own . If people are available I'm sure you can get a decent attendance.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:26 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

turboflyer, we are setting up a Malibu drive for Sunday 10/12. you are more than welcome to join us. it is starting out strong so it looks like there might be quite a few cars. as we get closer to the actual date, I will post more details.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:09 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

I went to Ventura with this bunch a couple weeks ago. Fun group, try and make it if you can Turboflyer. I will be attending the AX here is S.D. that day so I will not be there .
Old 09-30-2003, 12:08 AM
Jonas Goldsmith
Three Wheelin'

Net, come up and find me at the autox... I will be the only one in a 944S out there... I am a tall and lanky redheaded 20 year old guy... come up and say hi!

Quick Reply: Last Minute San Diego PCH Night Cruise Friday Sep 12th