Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting ready to pull the trigger on an '12 S....questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 06:22 PM
box
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefocke
There are hundreds of Boxsters available every day. Find a good one and they are great cars, buy a bad one and you can spend more than the purchase price trying to get it right.
I drove it extensively today, did the launch twice (first time we launched right past the sheriff, who was hidden behind a berm, brakes worked great). Everything worked, OBC is a bit tricky, but otherwise the goodies are there.

Anyway, we diddled a bit and when I threw the repair data at them they pointed to the Carfax and insisted there had been only one event. When I threw the auctions up they said they would not sell me the car wholesale. Needless to say their idea of the cars value and mine did not coincide.

The visit I quickly proved that I knew far more about the car than the Beemer sales guy did (thanks rennlist, planet-9, renntech, etc.). He looked shocked when the sport chrono clock came on. Anyway, my love at first sight has cooled a bit, you are right, there are other cars out there...
Old 06-27-2015, 01:38 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by box
I drove it extensively today, did the launch twice (first time we launched right past the sheriff, who was hidden behind a berm, brakes worked great). Everything worked, OBC is a bit tricky, but otherwise the goodies are there.

Anyway, we diddled a bit and when I threw the repair data at them they pointed to the Carfax and insisted there had been only one event. When I threw the auctions up they said they would not sell me the car wholesale. Needless to say their idea of the cars value and mine did not coincide.

The visit I quickly proved that I knew far more about the car than the Beemer sales guy did (thanks rennlist, planet-9, renntech, etc.). He looked shocked when the sport chrono clock came on. Anyway, my love at first sight has cooled a bit, you are right, there are other cars out there...
I think you're making the right move. Back in 2010, I came across a 2008 Boxster S with very low miles at a Porsche dealer but they would not CPO the car. When I asked about that, they said because some body panels were replaced due to an accident, it did not meet Porsche's CPO guidelines. You're right, there are other cars out there without a "story".

Quick Reply: Getting ready to pull the trigger on an '12 S....questions...