Sponsored by:

A little perspective please...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 10:32 AM
P-on
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ep3_lol
The problem with the 2007s is that they still have the IMSB issue but unlike the 986s there is no way to remedy it without taking the entire motor apart. So if you are ok with taking that risk it could be a good car, but if you want to do something about the IMSB you either need to get a 986 or a 2009+ 987.
Hmmm. I didn't quite know that about the 986 being easier to fix. The dealership that listed this car said, "All the IMS issues were fixed starting in 2007." I called him on this but he said I was wrong. I reminded him that "Google is your friend." He was the salesperson, then the owner of the place came out and he did correct him however and admitted that there were still some issues but he hadn't seen a lot.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:38 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 250 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by P-on
I felt good when the dealer said, "Finally, someone who knows how to drive these cars. You stay on the gas, keep the revs up, corner hard...I'm sick of people driving them like they're Civics.."
You need to keep in mind everything a car salesman tells you is intended to get you to buy the car as soon as possible and to pay as much for the car as possible.

Don't go clearing a space on the mantle for your driver's championship trophy just yet.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:22 PM
P-on
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster
You need to keep in mind everything a car salesman tells you is intended to get you to buy the car as soon as possible and to pay as much for the car as possible.

Don't go clearing a space on the mantle for your driver's championship trophy just yet.
Good point. But I already have the trophies and DO know how to drive pretty fast

Quick Reply: A little perspective please...