Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Numeric Shifter & Numeric Cables Install - How Difficult?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 12:22 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts
Default Numeric Shifter & Numeric Cables Install - How Difficult?

So..... Since I have elected to keep the Boxster S forever..... I elected to continue to improve it. I have bought a Numeric Shifter and Numeric cup cables. They will be delivered on Tuesday.

I have swapped out the shifter console so I don't see that as a challenge. However, the cables are another story. I read Numeric's instructions (below) and it appears a tab challenging.

Has anyone done a Numeric swifter and Numeric cable install? If so, how hard was it?

Living in the Los Angeles area there are a number if indy shops I can go to if it is a big job. TIA.

http://www.tarett.com/images/install...tall_guide.pdf
Old 06-15-2014, 05:05 AM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just my two cent opinion. If the car is your DD and you have any trepidation then I would not try the cables. If the car is your number two car, you have a garage and you can walk away from the job when you hit a wall and not cripple the family transportation, then you might decide to "run it". If you do and you are not confident in your skills, just don't force anything. If you get in over your head, LA is big enough that someone on this blog will cruise to a beautiful place like AH (have a pal who lives there) to give you a helping hand. I know I would do it for ya if I was on the left coast, good luck.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by terbiumactivated
Just my two cent opinion.
Great advise... thanks.

Quick Reply: Numeric Shifter & Numeric Cables Install - How Difficult?