Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the deal with floor mats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 12:14 PM
PaulE
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 142 Posts
Question What's the deal with floor mats?

Please allow me a dumb question that I don't want to ask a dealer:

When browsing the official Porsche website, or pricing the car at MSN.com, floor mats are a $320 list price option for the Boxster S. At the Porsche dealers I've been to so far, I've seen only cars that have $95 floor mats, which seems a lot more reasonable.

I can't imagine paying $320 for 2 floor mats. Do these floor mats really exist? If so, does the price include something else to make it cost that much?

Thanks again.

Old 08-05-2003, 02:07 PM
ettsn
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The $320 mats are the Exclusive line floormats. Basically the same as the Tequipment mats at $95, but a little thicker with a different Porsche script. Save the money and the get the Teq mats.

-Paul
Old 08-05-2003, 03:04 PM
PaulE
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 142 Posts

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2003, 05:41 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, $320 for something that MANY people replace every year is absurd
Old 08-05-2003, 06:07 PM
utahrpm
7th Gear

I really dislike the black $95.00 Porsche floor mats in my '01. Besides wearing quickly, it seems every time I slide into the car my shoes leave a streak of gray dust on the black mat. I usually clean them every other day to make myself happy. My solution is cocomats.com. The rough material doesn't show any dirt and they look great in the car. Mine are black with gold flecks to further minimize obvious dirt and the flecks eliminate the "black hole" look of the all balck interior. Other colors and conbinations are available. The guy I spoke to at Cocomatwas great. The fit is perfect as well. I haven't had them long enough to evaluate durability, but they work so well I'd gladly replace them every few years.

Rick P.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:54 PM
Sean M.
Instructor

Lloyd's mats are of excellent quality also. The superheavyweight mats are incredibly thick and come with a lifetime warranty.

They are much better quality than the factory mats, and cost about $130 a pair.

Only downside of Lloyd's is the lack of Porsche script branding.

I have Lloyd's in my 944. When the time comes to replace my Boxster factory mats, I'll go with Lloyd's.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:41 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Look under Porsche Mats on ebay. US Speed sells customized Lloyds mats with model designation numbers (not Porsche). I bought a nifty set in black with the '968' in yellow to match my exterior, and am very happy. They will edge the mats upon request with contrasting colors as well.

Quick Reply: What's the deal with floor mats?